Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

Registered
2021 Touring XT in Crystal White Pearl
Got to admit it was funny to read your post on my email alert w/o pics and then to go to the thread and see your new "baby". Thought the hammock was some kind of new baby car seat.

Registered
Yeah, it's hard to just wipe down w/ a cloth. It has a roughness to it that grabs the cloth and leaves lint. Haven't used any product on it yet. May try the Griot's, use their other stuff.

Registered
Used it today on dashtop, works as advertised. Vehicle delivered w/slight smudge on driver monitoring system hood, which I wasn't able to rub out. Thanks.
Was just looking at this online. What is the diff b/w the detailer and the cleaner? They both read very similar on the website.

Registered
I'm following this w/ interest because I'm planning to repl. batt in my CRV next wk on its 4th birthday. I was planning to buy a Diehard Gold from Advance Auto. Last wk it was their top batt. Now I look and they have added a Platinum AGM that costs about $50 more. It is same 3 yr repl. but is only 435 CCA vs 500 CCA in the gold. What gives?

Registered
What's the whole thing about being debadged? Not judging here but is it a generational thing? I'm in my 60's and the only time we ever saw cars w/o nameplates, no chrome or black wheels was if it had been wrecked and put back together w/ parts from the salvage yard. Again, not judging just trying to understand the appeal of it. Thanks.

Registered
To add to what Micron is getting at though, when I see someone post about their suspension mod and it's not mentioned in the suspension mod thread I made, or a stereo mod but it's not mentioned in the stereo thread I made, then part of me worries that people looking for those specific things might not find it. I'm tempted to go into my thread and post links to wherever else people's experiences are.

Likewise if someone is looking for adventure "do" posts specifically then this thread is diluted with a lot of what they might consider clutter, so Micron's point I get it. Just thinking that trying to enforce what goes in what thread is not as important as simply letting people do what they want, post what they want where they want, as long as it's not clearly disruptive. Is there a better place for many of these "what did you to TO your car" posts? Yes, but to ask people to dig up and search for old threads to put things "where they belong" may be asking too much and discourage people from simply jumping in and posting. I do the same thing.
I'm glad you brought this up. I had a thread that was moved to the Detailing section which is a sub forum of Problems and Maintenance. I didn't even know we had a Detailing forum much less all the other sub forums. I think there is probably enough interest here to have the Detailing and Audio forums as stand alone forums w/in the Gen 6 forum. There is certainly enough differences w/ this gen for audio to warrant this. I have no problem posting a thread that is pertinent to a forum but if it is hidden as these were many like me won't know about them. Just my .02 worth. Keep up the good work moderators.

Registered
Well we would probably be in that group except for joy rides. We bought in Nov '20 and have 1750 mi. We're both retired and have just started going back to the Y this week. It's a crime to let a new car sit in the garage so we take off for several hrs just riding around the countryside and learning all the features of the OB. These cars were not made to be garage queens, take em out and enjoy.

Registered
Send badges to third world countries. They need your badges.Personally I like mine and have a nice soft bristle fingernail brush to use around them.

Registered
Those are nice but I really like the looks of the others. Are they from a Forrester? And do they fit exactly? Wish I could take them off your hands but I'm on the East coast I'm afraid.

Registered
Love your garage setup. Is that a space in a large bldg or a regular size garage. Love the vertical lights on the wall. No excuse for missing anything w/ those. Hoping to get mine ceramic coated this wk. Supposed to be in 70's all week, doing it myself.

Registered
I'm not a car guy - what's the point of the different muffler systems?
I think its so people don't realize that we're really driving a station wagon. We used to do things like this to Miatas and other sports cars. I do remember my dad had a '69 Chevy wagon w/ SS wheels and dual exhausts. It did have a 350 in it though so wasn't so bad.

Registered
Try the Cleveland Pear instead. Doesn't split under heavy winds like the Bradford does. Looks the same but has a more defined trunk.

Registered
Finally got around to putting ceramic coating on car. That was the easy part. The pain in the butt was all the prep work claying and polishing the car. Plus it's on a white so it's really hard to tell where you've been. Pleased w/ the results, will see how long it lasts and holds up as to whether it's worth all the trouble or not.
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Car

1 - 20 of 73 Posts