Subaru Outback Forums banner

2201 - 2220 of 2282 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
143 Posts
Competitions are seeded. We planted almost 690 silver dimes, over 500 wheat pennies, 66 prize tokens, keys to a treasure chest of coins (non-winning keys get silver half dollars), and had raffles for gold coins and a metal detector.

My favorite wild find is an Excelsior Shoe good luck token invoking the Boy Scouts when they were an original sponsor of the first handbook publication. I just like the history. And the fact on one side it has a boy scout on a horse but the other looks like a swastika (which was actually a Victorian Era good luck symbol). Shocked me when I first saw it. Was 8 inches down under a clothes line and when I first saw it I though I had a Large Cent. I actually found a copy of the original advertisement in the manual where they asked the kids to tell their parents they'd run faster and jump higher, plus get a good luck token for trying on a pair.
Too cool.

unrelated but today I learned that the sunroof only goes about 7/8 of the way open when you toggle the switch, and then it has to be hit again to go full. Apparently the 7/8 open produces less wind noise, but to be honest I don’t notice a difference at all even on the highway.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,928 Posts
Too cool.

unrelated but today I learned that the sunroof only goes about 7/8 of the way open when you toggle the switch, and then it has to be hit again to go full. Apparently the 7/8 open produces less wind noise, but to be honest I don’t notice a difference at all even on the highway.
The difference was quite a bit when I tried the fully open position. Especially the wind buffeting.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
679 Posts
The difference was quite a bit when I tried the fully open position. Especially the wind buffeting.
Agreed, I only open it more if I’m going to be going slow, like in the woods or around town, above 35 or so and it gets unbearable.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
143 Posts
So this isn’t something I did with my Subaru today, but I did finally get to test drive the XT version of my touring to see what all the fuss is about with the turbo. It’s super fuN. Took it around town and on the highway for a bit and there is definitely a noticeable difference in taking off. Pushes you back into your seat. The engine noise wasn’t bad at all and I didn’t really notice the lag. I’m totally happy with my decision after seeing 17mpg in the HUD (ik its just from people whipping it during test drives) but I can see why people would opt for this model. I would 100% be pulled over a **** of a lot more with that turbo lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Replaced the fuse cover with the coin holder.

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Today, I ditched the donut and picked up a full-size spare that I had mounted on an OEM wheel I got off ebay. Fits perfectly in the spare wheel well on my 2020 Touring XT but I had to buy the Onyx foam jack/tool organizer due to the larger tire. Even has space for the seldom-used cargo cover. In other news, does anyone want to buy a donut or foam insert from a Touring XT?

View attachment 491637
Today I learned you can stash the cargo cover in this area 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
5 Posts
Had SunTek Ultra PPF applied to the front, headlights, 1/3 hood/fenders, mirrors and door trim, LLumar CTX window tint all around and did my first oil/filter change.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
960 Posts
First malfunction:

My rear gate has been intermittently opening only halfway. I thought it was the memory height thing, but resetting that didn't seem to fix it. Still figured I was just an idiot and couldnt figure it out, and I could just manually open it the rest of the way, so no biggie, right? But I dont think so now. It was like the motor just didn't always have the juice.

Today I tried to open it and nuthin. Nomatter which hatch unlock method you use (under steering wheel, fob, rear button, hand wave, and code were all tried), the car says "no" with 3 quick beeps.

Into the owners manual I went, found the manual override. Crawl into hatch, open plastic cover, flip lever with screwdriver. Manually lift gate. It worked. But then it wouldnt shut. 3 beeps with use of any button. Pushing it down manually was met with a thud, the lock automatically flips closed. I managed to pry it open and put a wedge in to hold it open, and got the gate closed. I ain't opening it again!

Dealer appointment Friday at 3. If they can't fix it by close of business I expect a loaner, which I'll have for a full week. New job, no vacation yet, an hr away so they arent driving me to work, and Friday afternoons are the only time the service department is open and I can get there.

My 2014 never had a non wear and tear issue in 200k miles. Just standard maintenance and 4 wheel bearings, which is clearly wear and tear. 2020 goin in at 6k for a malfunction.

2201 - 2220 of 2282 Posts