Subaru Outback Forums banner

2261 - 2280 of 2520 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2.5
24 Posts
I took delivery of our Crystal White Pearl Onyx XT on August 19th and this is my “what did I do with my 6th Gen Outback today…”

235/60R18 Yokohama G015 Geolander tires. It was this tire or the Falken. I also like the Falken but the G015 is a better tire match for our area and our driving style/patterns.
Tint the front driver and passenger windows to match the rest
Auxito 7443/7440 rear turn signal LEDs (Still doesn’t seem to be anything decent for the fronts)
Luyed main cabin LED – Even with the LED upgrade package the main cabin was still very dim. Not any more!
Luyed rear cabin LED – And Subaru left this wimpy incandescent with the LED upgrade? Oh well. It’s gone.
Luyed backup reverse LED
Black lug nuts
Black exhaust tips
Ceramic paint treatment

This is my first Subaru. My niece and my brother both have 2018 Outbacks. I got the chance to drive my brother’s, was immediately sold and now I am a proud owner.

This replaced a Toyota FJ Cruiser and a Hyundai Sonata. Parting with the FJ was bittersweet and not so much for the Hyundai.

I am looking forward to learning much more from this group. In my searches for the various upgrades I have added brought me several times here and I finally joined a few days ago.

Thanks for all the help!

View attachment 493572
any issues with error codes or hyperflash with the LED turn signals or reverse lights? Did you have to use resistors?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
95 Posts
any issues with error codes or hyperflash with the LED turn signals or reverse lights? Did you have to use resistors?
Zero issues with any hyperflash. They are CANBUS bulbs. Snagged the signal lights off of eBay and all the others off of Amazon. They are nice and bright and the proper amber color.

Here is the link for the rear turn signals: $17.99 for a set of two.

Seller is very responsive, quick shipping and provides email tracking notifications.

Here are the reverse bulbs: Amazon.com: LUYED (2 Extremely Bright 1600 Lumens Backup Reverse Lights 360-Degree Shine 921 912 W 16W 3020 30-EX Chipsets, Xenon White, No Hyper Flash: Automotive

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2 Posts
Finally got around to printing some trays for the center console and in front of the shifter.

The front tray is nice since it stops my phone from slipping forward and down into the cubby.

The center consoles never have any real organization. I normally would build one out of acrylic sheets, but that just seemed really low tech in this day and age. Only thing I would change is cutting back the tray a little in front of the 12v so the cap can close.

The top tray was an after thought since I normally didn't store much there. So far though, it is holding the quarters pretty well even when the top is vertical.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium 2.5
24 Posts
Zero issues with any hyperflash. They are CANBUS bulbs. Snagged the signal lights off of eBay and all the others off of Amazon. They are nice and bright and the proper amber color.

Here is the link for the rear turn signals: $17.99 for a set of two.

Seller is very responsive, quick shipping and provides email tracking notifications.

Here are the reverse bulbs: Amazon.com: LUYED (2 Extremely Bright 1600 Lumens Backup Reverse Lights 360-Degree Shine 921 912 W 16W 3020 30-EX Chipsets, Xenon White, No Hyper Flash: Automotive
thanks for the links. Also, wouldn't the 7440 for the rear signals work for the front signals as well? i believe the difference between 7440 and 7444 for normal incandescent bulbs is that 7444 is slightly brighter? but not sure if LED application matters.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
95 Posts
thanks for the links. Also, wouldn't the 7440 for the rear signals work for the front signals as well? i believe the difference between 7440 and 7444 for normal incandescent bulbs is that 7444 is slightly brighter? but not sure if LED application matters.
I am not sure, but it seems they would be interchangeable. But I have read that when trying to add the front LEDs hyperflash develops. I have another set of the Auxito bulbs and if it wasn't for the fact that the fronts are a PITA to change I'd try it. Maybe when I feel more ambitious of taking apart my month-old car I'll try it! There's not a whole lot of documentation of people changing out the fronts.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
160 Posts
Moon Knight is getting his maintenance ceramic along with testing the vinyl. Realized on Tuesday I came home with Diva and immediately left with MK so they never were introduced. Excuse to ride in great weather... MK and Diva were introduced.

Between the two I now have more torque then I know what to do with.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Moon Knight is getting his maintenance ceramic along with testing the vinyl. Realized on Tuesday I came home with Diva and immediately left with MK so they never were introduced. Excuse to ride in great weather... MK and Diva were introduced.
I must be getting old...I didn't understand a word you just said :)

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Outback
225 Posts
Nothing special. Just installed ExoShield on the front windshield. Installer fudged it up so I have to fight with them to re-lay the film to get it below the wiper blades as it should be. Otherwise the product looks fantastic and is very clear, can't even tell it's on there. With the weak Carlex glass, I would suggest everyone invest in it.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring
215 Posts
Finally got an altimeter/barometer mounted. Detachable for hiking too.

Edit: I am open to suggestions where to mount this bad boy. Ideally itd be on top of the dash but I don’t want it messing with the eyesight...especially cus its reflective.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,991 Posts
2261 - 2280 of 2520 Posts