Subaru Outback Forums banner

2741 - 2760 of 2866 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Color matching was not an issue for me EXCEPT for the vanity lights.

Here is what I used:

Cabin: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EJNMR40/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Cargo: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JY9Q49M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Vanity: 28mm SMF2 LED Bulbs (you need 4)
Puddle and license plate: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0186P1MUW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the puddle light I currently have these Subaru-logo-geeky lights. I'll change them over to pure LEDs someday, but these are kinda fun and they do actually light a million times better than the stock bulbs:

Also note that Diode Dynamics has very expensive shipping rates, but the color match on these bulbs was very important so I bit the bullet and am glad I did. The color match is excellent, not blinding, but plenty of light and can also double to light the front passenger areas in addition to the map lights.
Does the puddle light you listed fit the 2020 and 2021 puddle lights? The listing doesn't indicate they fit the later model years.

Also, are the displays clear and sharp or pixelated like the amazon listing seems to show?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,033 Posts
Is TireRack going to overnight a new tire??
I have decided to source it locally since I can get one for the same price and with delivery and install today itself. I didn't want to cut it close with overnight delivery since I am supposed to be setting off on my trip on Friday. TireRack is going to pick up the tire and issue a refund.

·
Registered
Silver XT Outdoor
32 Posts
So after going back and forth deciding between using Geolanders or CrossClimates as winters. I’ve finally settled and ordered some CrossClimates 2’s. They’re not cheap but after figuring out the recalls here in Canada and reading the rave reviews, I’ve decided to give them a try. I’m going with the 235 60 R18 as that’s the only width they have on the 60 ratio.
Will post when I get them installed.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Touring XT
2 Posts
Because of the above posts, I swapped out my cargo area and puddle lights with some extra LEDs I had laying around. I like the consistent color temp. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
It's true that our roads are extra abrasive but bearing in mind that our entire islands are simply giant old volcanos that rose from the bottom of the ocean over millions of years, we quarry lava rock to make our roads, not coral. Coral is calcium carbonate and too soft, but it was used a long time ago to make some buildings.

edit: We used to use crushed coral to top unpaved roads but I haven't seen that in decades.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Installed LED puddle lights and blew a fuse putting the new one it. The Owners Manual says let the dealership do it for just this reason. There is no listing of which fuse protects the puddles. I got on Outback.org and noodled around and found others with earlier generations that had done the same thing. Long story short, it is passenger compartment fuse box fuse #26, 10 amp. It is labeled Backup. When you upgrade to LEDs, work carefully.

·
Registered
2020 Abyss Blue Pearl OB XT
335 Posts
Mine have been on for several days so I've had a chance to try them out on wet and dry surfaces and straightaways, curves and highway. They are unquestionably the grippiest and secure-feeling tire I've had on any car ever. Hope you like them as much.
Are the noisy?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT Magnetite Gray
47 Posts
Installed LED puddle lights and blew a fuse putting the new one it. The Owners Manual says let the dealership do it for just this reason. There is no listing of which fuse protects the puddles. I got on Outback.org and noodled around and found others with earlier generations that had done the same thing. Long story short, it is passenger compartment fuse box fuse #26, 10 amp. It is labeled Backup. When you upgrade to LEDs, work carefully.
Thank you for the info. I just ordered LED puddle lights Sylvania 194s. I will pull fuse during install.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
391 Posts
Are the noisy?
At one point I thought I heard them on the highway, but at the time they only had 5 miles on them. Haven't noticed since. They do have an unusual sound on (very) wet pavement that sounds like a distant river and I have figured out that the water channels to the center of the tire and throws it up into the wheel well. It's not particularly noisy, just an interesting phenomena.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
240 Posts
Does the puddle light you listed fit the 2020 and 2021 puddle lights? The listing doesn't indicate they fit the later model years.

Also, are the displays clear and sharp or pixelated like the amazon listing seems to show?
Amazon is usually pretty good about model accuracy but it definitely is not 100%, especially with new models.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
391 Posts
Amazon is usually pretty good about model accuracy but it definitely is not 100%, especially with new models.
That is an understatement!

So far, Amazon has been wrong about the 2020-21 Outback on all the interior lights, the backup lights, the puddle lights, the Jessica Alba Fuse Box/Storage Box, the wiper blades, the engine air filter, and the passenger cabin air filter
🤪

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
240 Posts
I have found some inaccuracies but not like you have run into...Hmmmm...

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT Ice Silver
6 Posts
I signed up for the Diode Dynamics newsletter to get the free shipping offer, but never got any emails. Apparently the newsletter discount code is monthly and follows the month01, e.g. nov01 model.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,968 Posts
It's true that our roads are extra abrasive but bearing in mind that our entire islands are simply giant old volcanos that rose from the bottom of the ocean over millions of years, we quarry lava rock to make our roads, not coral. Coral is calcium carbonate and too soft, but it was used a long time ago to make some buildings.

edit: We used to use crushed coral to top unpaved roads but I haven't seen that in decades.
Well I could have gotten the materials mixed but I haven't been there in decades so that might account for it ! 😊
Just drive hard, you'll need tires soon enough!

2741 - 2760 of 2866 Posts