Subaru Outback Forums banner

2781 - 2800 of 2865 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,033 Posts
I have no idea how to use this stuff, but I found a bunch of other links that someone savvy enough might appreciate:

Looks like you need a $170 cable to connect a laptop to the car:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I want to remove my wheels to ceramic coat them, but I do not have a level surface in the street or on the driveway. Any recommendations? I am going to use a floor jack with a rubber pinch-weld adaptor to raise the vehicle. Will I over torque the suspension doing this on a non-level surface?

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I want to remove my wheels to ceramic coat them, but I do not have a level surface in the street or on the driveway. Any recommendations? I am going to use a floor jack with a rubber pinch-weld adaptor to raise the vehicle. Will I over torque the suspension doing this on a non-level surface?
My driveway is non-level but it's not steep and I have no trouble doing stuff on it.

A non-level surface should make no difference to the torque wrench, and the torque you apply to a lug nut isn't going to bother the suspension one bit, but chock the front and back of any tires still touching the ground.

Final lug nut torque is done with the tires touching the ground and not in the air.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
817 Posts
Did a full detail with carpro essence plus and reload. Also did my company car with two coats of the turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray coat. I have to say I’m pretty impressed with it and will probably use it on the outback when my current ceramic coat wears off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I dropped min off at the dealership Thursday morning to have some accessories installed. I was told to pick it up today, which I just tried, so I guess it qualifies for this thread.

I say "tried to", but I didn't.

It turns out the service technician put a hole in my radiator so it has to be replaced, which isn't happening until next week at the earliest...

🤬

·
Registered
817 Posts
I dropped min off at the dealership Thursday morning to have some accessories installed. I was told to pick it up today, which I just tried, so I guess it qualifies for this thread.

I say "tried to", but I didn't.

It turns out the service technician put a hole in my radiator so it has to be replaced, which isn't happening until next week at the earliest...

🤬
What the heck are they installing that would cause a tech to puncture a radiator?

·
Registered
22 Posts
What the heck are they installing that would cause a tech to puncture a radiator?
The Sport Grille...so I would guess the tech slipped with the screwdriver or something like that. I watched the video on youtube where 2 guys installed the sport grill and I can't see them doing anything that would cause them to put a hole in the radiator so who the heck knows...

·
Registered
817 Posts
The Sport Grille...so I would guess the tech slipped with the screwdriver or something like that. I watched the video on youtube where 2 guys installed the sport grill and I can't see them doing anything that would cause them to put a hole in the radiator so who the heck knows...
Yeah, you’re supposed to do it with the bumper off the car. You don’t go anywhere near the radiator and the bumper just pops off (I did it myself). Was it the radiator or the condenser? Because the condenser is what’s mounted in front.

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
2020 Limited 2.5i Outback Magnettie Grey Metallic
293 Posts
Did a full detail with carpro essence plus and reload. Also did my company car with two coats of the turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray coat. I have to say I’m pretty impressed with it and will probably use it on the outback when my current ceramic coat wears off.
I also use turtle wax hybrid ceramic spray does a great job and easy to use.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
391 Posts
With new tires and wheels I decided to change up my wash game. Got the iK Foam PRO 2 Pump Sprayer, a gallon of P&S Detailing Brake Buster, which I have never used but based on reviews and how much I like Beadmaker I took the leap. And picked up CarPro Hydro2 Sealant (just for the wheels). The combination of the Foam Sprayer and Brake Buster cut my tire/wheel cleaning time in half and I think it's a better product than the separate Griot's products I was using formerly.

Topped off the tires with 303 Aerospace, also new to me. Really like how the 303 gives a semi-gloss/matte finish and no sling. Last month, I used Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating and this was the first wash since. I use an Air Cannon to dry the car and what little water remained after the wash blew off faster than I've ever seen, so altogether I got through the wash about 30 minutes faster. More time for football

IMG_4838.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited XT
14 Posts
Hauled a bunch of carpet tubes in the back. Ranging from 5 foot to 8 1/2 or so. My wife works at a carpet store and got the tubes to make candy shoots for "social distance" Halloween trick or treaters but no one in the neighborhood wanted any. I had a truck when I got them from her store earlier this year, but now the Outback got the job done.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,033 Posts
Today I crossed Missouri, kansas and half of Colorado.

The XT was worth is weight in gold maintaining 75mph on I70 with a bunch of gear and a roof top cargo box.

Not many pictures but this one. Extrapolate this to about 700 miles and you get the idea of my drive today.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,968 Posts
With new tires and wheels I decided to change up my wash game. Got the iK Foam PRO 2 Pump Sprayer, a gallon of P&S Detailing Brake Buster, which I have never used but based on reviews and how much I like Beadmaker I took the leap. And picked up CarPro Hydro2 Sealant (just for the wheels). The combination of the Foam Sprayer and Brake Buster cut my tire/wheel cleaning time in half and I think it's a better product than the separate Griot's products I was using formerly.

Topped off the tires with 303 Aerospace, also new to me. Really like how the 303 gives a semi-gloss/matte finish and no sling. Last month, I used Adams Graphene Ceramic Coating and this was the first wash since. I use an Air Cannon to dry the car and what little water remained after the wash blew off faster than I've ever seen, so altogether I got through the wash about 30 minutes faster. More time for football

View attachment 497883

View attachment 497885

View attachment 497884
One of the more unique gen 6 Outback's I've seen. Looking good!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited and 2015 Forester Limited
230 Posts

The XT was worth is weight in gold maintaining 75mph on I70 with a bunch of gear and a roof top cargo box.

Not many pictures but this one. Extrapolate this to about 700 miles and you get the idea of my drive today.

View attachment 497897
Welcome to the west. Drive well, be safe! Enjoy the adventure.

·
Registered
78 Posts

I drove back and forth to St. Louis a handful of times when we lived in Seattle crossing via I-70, 80 or 90 depending on the weather forecast. There's a whole lot of nothing for long stretches on all 3 of those roads, though I-80 through Wyoming is a whole lot of nothing at 8,000 feet. The old CX-7 didn't have very good range and I learned to fill up early and often. Hope you're having a nice trip.

2781 - 2800 of 2865 Posts