Subaru Outback Forums banner

3621 - 3640 of 3694 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT
17 Posts
Finally got around to adding the Lamin-x Protective Films yellow film to the #foglights ... Nice look but also nice definition of light and space on the road.
I did the dry install on the driver-side and "wet" on the passenger side (wet is easier to "float" the film around for final placement.
#adayinthelife #Arizona #drivebyshootings #shotsfromtheroad #subaru #outback #lamin-x #XT #namelessperformance #falkentires #doingoutbackthings #mtnrooAZ #DIY
View attachment 502992 View attachment 502993 View attachment 502994 View attachment 502996 View attachment 502995
Road trip up to Deception Pass, Washington to camp for the weekend in my new Limited XT.

View attachment 503425

View attachment 503426
That wheel/tire combination are legit! That looks amazing...may end up copying you!

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT
17 Posts
Finally got around to adding the Lamin-x Protective Films yellow film to the #foglights ... Nice look but also nice definition of light and space on the road.
I did the dry install on the driver-side and "wet" on the passenger side (wet is easier to "float" the film around for final placement.
#adayinthelife #Arizona #drivebyshootings #shotsfromtheroad #subaru #outback #lamin-x #XT #namelessperformance #falkentires #doingoutbackthings #mtnrooAZ #DIY
View attachment 502992 View attachment 502993 View attachment 502994 View attachment 502996 View attachment 502995
Can you tell me what those ramps are that you are using?

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Motor oil changed @ 4.5k miles w/same Idemitsu 0W-20/Subaru 130 filter combo as 1k mile oc. Sent sample to Oil Analyzers, will post report on other thread.

Gassed up after oc, as usual without topping off. After 1-2 miles of relaxed highway driving 50-65 mph, an ignition miss or silent backfire occurred, possibly while driving uphill. Origin seemed more under seat than underhood. Ran fine after that. A few hours earlier, prior to oc, brought it to 6k redline 2x for 1st time. Only observation was CVT quickly dropped rpms to ~4.5k immediately after redline. Drove for long cool down after redlining. Always 93 octane gas. Weird.
Still no word from Oil Analyzers re: sample mailed 2/3/21.

Bought a Blue Driver OBD2 reader, which returned one P1604 event. Found this diagnosis on Subaru Forester board:

It's a startability code..probably related to fuel pressure...either in tank pump, pressure regulator, or HPFP (for XT w/ DI)

·
Registered
2020 Limited XT
17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback onyx Xt
98 Posts
Track day. Quarter mile 15.7 secs at 88mph with head wind. Still heavy. No spare tire in it. Full tank of 93. Next run, will be no roof rack system and quarter tank of fuel. Still waiting my custom catback exhaust.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Today..... I brought a new Outback home!

After having been away for a couple years, today I scored a killer deal on a new 2021 Touring XT and left the dealership with a big grin. This is third Outback and the improvements are impressive.

Over the next couple weeks I’ll upgrade tires, to either G015’s or Wildpeaks - not yet sure. Maybe wheels, but only if I find some that work with the Touring.

Also in the next couple weeks I’ll head to Portland for skid plates and hopefully stop by Nameless for the 5” axle back system and strut tower bar.

Not much left to add on this trim level.

I’m wondering.... are we still doing the WRX rear sway bar upgrade on this new platform?

·
Registered
16 LTD- Looking into a 21 LTD 2.5
3 Posts
Today..... I brought a new Outback home!

After having been away for a couple years, today I scored a killer deal on a new 2021 Touring XT and left the dealership with a big grin. This is third Outback and the improvements are impressive.

Over the next couple weeks I’ll upgrade tires, to either G015’s or Wildpeaks - not yet sure. Maybe wheels, but only if I find some that work with the Touring.

Also in the next couple weeks I’ll head to Portland for skid plates and hopefully stop by Nameless for the 5” axle back system and strut tower bar.

Not much left to add on this trim level.

I’m wondering.... are we still doing the WRX rear sway bar upgrade on this new platform?
Care to disclose your deal? Currently shopping for an XT LTD-

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Onyx XT
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Onyx
148 Posts
congrats!

specifically about the nameless strut bar, keep in mind that there seems to be about a month lead time on them. Maybe things have changed but itd be good to check with them before heading there and expecting to get one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
15A0A727-AA84-41F7-88C6-461CC7372F4B.jpeg
997BAB39-22A0-4276-9E1A-18B28DAF8DCE.jpeg
Installed the transmount (ADF 60d soft) today. Temperature was almost up freezing point but full sun so put the OB on ramps and a tarp down on the snow ...... why wait for spring! Here’s before and after shots. To make it more accessible I removed the heat shield. Put some grease on the insert and I managed to push it half way in with medium pressure, but then had to use my Jack on the trans - just enough to take some of the weight off of the mount. Then it snapped right in to place with med pressure again - perfect fit.
Had I waited until warmer temps, it likely would have slipped in easier.
One thing I did notice, when I drove up my ramps the first time (forward motion) the mount was compressed at least a half inch and no way the insert would slip in - shows how much the OE mount actually flexes. So put my ramps behind the tires and reversed up and solved my problem.
Then took it for a spin, noticeable improvement in smoothness especially under harder acceleration and noticeably more responsive to downshifting with paddles on highway (for passing), also downshifting to slow down seemed smoother (felt like less pitching?).
Did notice a slight whine (more of a ‘whrrrr’ actually) around 60-90km/hr but only during harder acceleration (all this with radio off and me super intent on listening for noise ......). Also, by the end of my run, this whrrr sound seemed to have disappeared - maybe because car was finally warmed up then??
First impression is very good, and any noise easily covered by radio - also no noticeable vibration at all.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
7,672 Posts
Then took it for a spin, noticeable improvement in smoothness especially under harder acceleration and noticeably more responsive to downshifting with paddles on highway (for passing), also downshifting to slow down seemed smoother (felt like less pitching?).

First impression is very good, and any noise easily covered by radio - also no noticeable vibration at all.
These transmission mount inserts are made by
@traildogck CKE Performance Products [email protected] and it comes in different softness's.

Even if you don't need improved transmission feel, there is a super-soft version that will at least prevent sagging, which is a known problem with transmission mounts, so I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be inserted by everyone. Super-soft if you absolutely want serenity and soft if you want more direct transmission feel. Even with the super-soft that I have it seems to have given greater stability since the transmission isn't wobbling.

·
Registered
2021 2.5 Limited, 2012 2.5 Limited
51 Posts
Broke through 1000 miles yesterday, 8 weeks after purchase of a 2.5 Limited. Took a trip up to wine country, was able to use the adaptive cruise control and lane centering feature for the first time. Was a bit anxious with the ACC , finally began to "trust but verify" after 15 minutes or so. Managed to drive about 45 miles on the freeway without ever touching the gas or brake on the way up. That included two traffic slowdowns, one where we slowed to 5mph, but never stopped. Used it again for another 40 miles or so on the way home. I am sold on that feature now. As for the lane centering, its seems pretty good. I can see it more as something I would use when there is less traffic around. I did not feel like I could not tend to the wheel when there were cars overlapped on one or both sides.

Overall really happy with the car.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Likewise, I am very pleased with the ACC, we hit some traffic yesterday on the way home and it was great from stop-to-20 mph until we cleared it. I am also hesitant about the LC in heavy traffic at normal highway speeds. It doesn't quite get what I want it to do just right. For now, happy about everything except the fuel economy. Considering the Transmission Mount if I could get my service department to install it for me.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
7,672 Posts
Likewise, I am very pleased with the ACC, we hit some traffic yesterday on the way home and it was great from stop-to-20 mph until we cleared it. I am also hesitant about the LC in heavy traffic at normal highway speeds. It doesn't quite get what I want it to do just right. For now, happy about everything except the fuel economy. Considering the Transmission Mount if I could get my service department to install it for me.
It's so easy to do I wonder if we could set up regional trans-mount-insert-fest meetings where we can do a dozen cars in 1 hour. Someone just needs to bring ramp stands and a floor jack and it can be done in a parking lot with no tools (or you can remove heat shield no biggie).

·
Registered
91 Posts
These transmission mount inserts are made by
@traildogck CKE Performance Products [email protected] and it comes in different softness's.

Even if you don't need improved transmission feel, there is a super-soft version that will at least prevent sagging, which is a known problem with transmission mounts, so I can't think of any reason why it shouldn't be inserted by everyone. Super-soft if you absolutely want serenity and soft if you want more direct transmission feel. Even with the super-soft that I have it seems to have given greater stability since the transmission isn't wobbling.
It's so easy to do I wonder if we could set up regional trans-mount-insert-fest meetings where we can do a dozen cars in 1 hour. Someone just needs to bring ramp stands and a floor jack and it can be done in a parking lot with no tools (or you can remove heat shield no biggie).
I like your idea @SilverOnyx, but likely to far for me travel😁! Thanks for mentioning Chris at @traildogck in your reply, I should have included him in my my original post, like his product already.

3621 - 3640 of 3694 Posts