Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

4401 - 4420 of 4462 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Outback Onyx XT, 2005 Outback Limited XT
5 Posts
We picked up our Onyx XT on Monday, spent the last few days, learning the car. Steep curve, still can't get the AT&T Hotspot to work.

Onyx will be replacing out 2005 OB XT, great car 140k miles.

Heading to Oregon, up the coast for a break in trip next week.

Cheers
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
16 Posts
Thanks for posting that. I just checked everything with a digital tire gauge and readjusted all the tires. The fronts and rear had to be dropped by about 2 psi cold, so they're now at the listed placard 35/33.

You're actually seeing an error code on your OBD? I will connect my OBDLink and see if I can do anything with it.

My wife's Honda Pilot has the TPMS values immediately on at startup. The Subaru ones make you drive a little before the dashes turn into values, but mine are just blank, no dashes.

The other thing I was thinking about is if the LED's inside the car could somehow cause interference on the radio wavelength of the TPMS sensors. I did upgrade everything with my Diode Dynamics lights, from a previous car, but none of those lights are actually "on" when the car is running.
No, I need to drive before numbers show up. Have checked sensors thru tire and they are usually 2 or 3 lbs less than a accurate tire gauge. That is why I usually over inflate 2 lbs front and back. George.

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
16 Posts
No, I need to drive before numbers show up. Have checked sensors thru tire and they are usually 2 or 3 lbs less than a accurate tire gauge. That is why I usually over inflate 2 lbs front and back. George.
Once I get the full TPMS message have to reset thru OBD an phone.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited and 2015 Forester Limited
307 Posts
Nice work! How long does the shine on the plastic cladding and tires usually last for you?
The plastic cladding was coated with the Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray. I applied two coats last spring and it lasted almost a year. Water still beaded nicely off the surface.
My tires get pretty dirty fast. I drive a lot of dirt and gravel roads, including my personal driveway, so I have to clean the tires regularly if I want to keep them looking good.

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Limited
17 Posts
Off with the snow tires today on with the new Method 503 & Continental Cross Contact LX25, 18 inch & oem size, Outback XT touring, 6300 miles. One year old. Also did Nameless strut & axle back 5 inch muffler a few weeks ago. Compressive intercooler cover as well. Did the Subaru engine skid plate & still need to do the diff plate. Still crawling around cars at 73. May need a mental exam according to the wife. View attachment 510405 View attachment 510412 View attachment 510413 View attachment 510414 View attachment 510415 View attachment 510416 View attachment 510417
I think your mental health is completely fine, keep on going!! I hope to be you when I'm 73.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
68 Posts
What did i do today? Nothing! Its day 10 since i ordered my new coil over springs and they still haven't shipped them. They keep telling me they will ship soon. My rubber strut mounts have been back ordered until July or August.

facepalm

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
16 Posts
Once I get the full TPMS message have to reset thru OBD an phone.
This morning went skiing had set yesterday 37f 35b. Numbers at first were blank then 33f 31b. After driving for a bit got 35f 33b. It all changes with movement, heat, etc. My tire gauge is pretty accurate, the sensors not so much. Have found having 2 lbs over the sticker front & back seems to work. Think the sensors on the TPMS are not as accurate as a quality pressure gauge. Just saying. George.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
68 Posts
I ordered wheels from Tire Rack in February and they haven't shipped.
Oh don't get me started with them. I ordered some wheels a while back and they sent me used wheels when they were supposed to be new. I demanded a refund and shipped them back on my dime. They received them and said they were not going to refund me because they looked used. So their final decision was to not give me any of my money back. They keep the wheels and my money. I called my credit card company and they reversed the charges. Then Tire Rack said I owed them for shipped, $110. I paid for it. Then they tried to re-coup the charge back fees, they fought it tooth and nail. It finally settled where my credit card company ruled in my favor since I had immediately sent back the wheels, and paid the shipping although Tire Rack appealed the decision a half a dozen times.

·
Registered
'21 Onyx Ice Metallic Silver
94 Posts
I used Tire Rack and had my wheels sent to the local tire shop. Ordered the tires from the shop so I could get all the perks from ordering through there. Wheels got delivered pretty quick, tires got installed, got it on my car, all within a week. That was back in January.

4401 - 4420 of 4462 Posts