Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

4441 - 4460 of 4496 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
3 Posts
Mounted my 7-blade towing socket to my Oynx's OEM hitch. Removing the 4-pin connector, drilled out the 7-blade's mounting bracket holes to match the 4-pin's bracket. Still need to run the wiring for the brake controller and trailer power.

Before: View attachment 477605

After: View attachment 477663
Hi - Looks great! I need to do the same thing to my new Outback. Did you get a kit w/all the needed parts/wiring? If so, what did you get?

Thanks!

·
Registered
194 Posts
'
I just got back from a couple of weeks in the southwest (Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and western Colorado). 3700 miles and the Outback was fantastic. We camped (tent and in the back of the car), stayed at hotels and were also fortunate enough to stay at an Earthship in Taos.

Near Horseshoe Canyon Trail UT
View attachment 510654

Our campsite at Goosenecks State Park UT.
View attachment 510655
We slept in the car that night with this being the view out the window the next morning. The window tents were fantastic at keeping the car comfortable and bug free.
View attachment 510656

The next day was Valley of the Gods and the Moki Dugway.
View attachment 510658
View attachment 510659 View attachment 510660 View attachment 510661

And for all you Tool fans out there, here's what the one sticker (which is normally black) on my car looked like caked in Utah dirt...
View attachment 510662

Overall, an awesome trip. I'm already looking forward to the next one.
View attachment 510663
I just got back from a couple of weeks in the southwest (Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and western Colorado). 3700 miles and the Outback was fantastic. We camped (tent and in the back of the car), stayed at hotels and were also fortunate enough to stay at an Earthship in Taos.

Near Horseshoe Canyon Trail UT
View attachment 510654

Our campsite at Goosenecks State Park UT.
View attachment 510655
We slept in the car that night with this being the view out the window the next morning. The window tents were fantastic at keeping the car comfortable and bug free.
View attachment 510656

The next day was Valley of the Gods and the Moki Dugway.
View attachment 510658
View attachment 510659 View attachment 510660 View attachment 510661

And for all you Tool fans out there, here's what the one sticker (which is normally black) on my car looked like caked in Utah dirt...
View attachment 510662

Overall, an awesome trip. I'm already looking forward to the next one.
View attachment 510663
Wow...... awesome pics! great looking trail, how many other cars did you meet along this route? Always looking for new places to get away from it all ....... how can I find this route on google maps??

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Autumn Green
171 Posts
Little Wild Horse Canyon (I totally blew the name on my original post) is just outside of Goblin Valley State Park. Goblin Valley is another amazing place to check out...

You should be able to google Valley of the Gods and Moki Dugway (aka Utah Hwy 261) pretty easily. We came in to Valley of the Gods from the south and exited just before the start of the Moki Dugway.

As far as crowds, there weren't too many people out there (I'd say roughly 10 encounters in each Valley of the Gods and on the Dugway). I don't know what it's like at other times of the year.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited
29 Posts
I finally put my crux yellow foglights decals on. It took about 15 minutes. I got the stickers wet to be able to slide them where I wanted and then used a heat gun on low to dry them. I let them sit for 24 hours to fully dry before I drove the car. Cheap and easy mod that is easy to remove later also.

·
Premium Member
2021 Onyx XT
49 Posts
Dressed up the front license plate with this -

And the rear license plate with this -

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered a Curt trailer hitch (#13437) and the wiring harness (#56040). I was really surprised to see that a lot of places had the hitch back-ordered, but I found a great deal at Summit Racing Equipment. It should be here next week and I've already watched some YouTube videos on the installation. I can't wait to put my bike rack on my new car and finally get some exercise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Over the past 2 weeks I’ve painted the engine under guard and rear diff guard orange. Finally waxed them up and installed them this weekend. I like the subtle orange touch that you can only see when far from the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Ah, fellow Jersey driver. Had a good experience with 303 myself. Was going to try the TW Pro one when this bottle is empty. The pollen just slides right off when I drive or gets cleaner when it rains.

At the time of this picture, it has been about a week or so since it’s last wash.

Took it out on I-80 today out towards Rockaway, then turned around and headed back. About 90 minutes of driving, wanted to get up to sustained highway speeds since it’s been a while. Comfy car still.

Trying to patiently wait for the OBD2 adapter to come in the mail today to try to get these tire sensors working again.

·
Premium Member
2020 Limited XT Autumn Green Metallic/Warm Ivory, Falken WIldpeak A/T Trail, OEM Skid Plates etc
425 Posts
Had to go get a few bars of "gold" at Lowes this morning.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ah, fellow Jersey driver. Had a good experience with 303 myself. Was going to try the TW Pro one when this bottle is empty. The pollen just slides right off when I drive or gets cleaner when it rains.

At the time of this picture, it has been about a week or so since it’s last wash.

View attachment 510875

Took it out on I-80 today out towards Rockaway, then turned around and headed back. About 90 minutes of driving, wanted to get up to sustained highway speeds since it’s been a while. Comfy car still.

Trying to patiently wait for the OBD2 adapter to come in the mail today to try to get these tire sensors working again.
Same happened to me! Was bummed the next day when I had pollen all of the car, but after a quick trip on the highway it was brand new again. Sparkling clean

4441 - 4460 of 4496 Posts