Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
5381 - 5400 of 5585 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
668 Posts
With the market being what it is, I think it was a reasonable price to pay.
That looks like a spectacular deal on both the purchase price and the trade. Not to mention a substantially upgraded new car although the Forester is a nice vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT
226 Posts
The MSRP according to their own website is $39,924. They gave me a price of $37,980 and also a $500 rebate, along with 28,000 for my 2020 Forester lease, which had a payoff of 24,415. I had that Forester for only 17 months and it had 3,500 in equity. Crazy market!
Lucky I just paid msrp for my Touring XT and fun fact the Legacy’s do not have the same easy equity the suvs have, I had to fight to get $2500 out my 2 month old premium. At least Subaru gave me another $500 loyalty coupon. 😂

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,518 Posts
That chrome shift trim "should" be available separately from the shift boot. I would like to buy the black shift trim from the Wilderness. However, it seems it is only available with the Wilderness shift boot which lists for about $90. Is this true?

Reactions: O-Deer

·
Registered
115 Posts
FOLLOWUP to my dead battery that was followed by pathetic service response from Subaru Roadside Assistance:

I called the dealership today to insist they take my 2021 Outback in this week, and hold it until they can finally figure out why i'm having problems with the sound system/head unit (or just keep the car forever; i'm that annoyed with the problem). I added to the trouble list that the 7-month-old battery had died inexplicably the other day.

the service manager, to his credit, wondered whether the dome light in the hatch might have gotten bumped into the On position. Sure enough, he was right, and it was still on. It didn't kill the battery today, so the other day the extra few hours undriven must have put it over the brink. So kudos to his diagnostic skills.

Having said that, I don't understand how this dim, worthless, incandescent bulb -- with the candlepower of a firefly and which is barely visible in pitch darkness -- can kill a factory-fresh, OEM battery. Makes me wonder how many minutes the battery would last if i sat in the driveway with the Accessory option in the ignition on, listening to the radio. Is the electrical system that fragile?
I've done that before too. Such an odd angle to see it. No trip to the dealer tho.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT
226 Posts
That chrome shift trim "should" be available separately from the shift boot. I would like to buy the black shift trim from the Wilderness. However, it seems it is only available with the Wilderness shift boot which lists for about $90. Is this true?
So that explains dealers $10k markup due to “market” haha

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lucky I just paid msrp for my Touring XT and fun fact the Legacy’s do not have the same easy equity the suvs have, I had to fight to get $2500 out my 2 month old premium. At least Subaru gave me another $500 loyalty coupon. 😂
I'd never heard of VIP pricing before joining here. But I am going to use an $500 Ambassador coupon.
I starting negotiation well below invoice and getting price lock before ordering in May. Prolly why i didn't get anything in the mail.
so long story short i did this today stopped to get a burger for my wife and the bag was tipping over so i reached over to get it and hit a parked car two driveways from home 😡😡😡😡 View attachment 516629
Well ya need not wonder when you'll get your first scuff. 😳
You'll have it back all buffed out before ya know it. 😁
Tell ur wife shes limited to only yogurt from now on! 😉👍

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
From what I’ve deduced and what Walker mentioned, it appears to be sold along with the leather boot which has the orange stitching on it. But the clip can be disconnected. I plan to talk to the parts department at my next oil change in a week or two and see if they can find it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
From what I’ve deduced and what Walker mentioned, it appears to be sold along with the leather boot which has the orange stitching on it. But the clip can be disconnected. I plan to talk to the parts department at my next oil change in a week or two and see if they can find it.
Thanks. Let us know what you find. I also suspect the trim around the large screen area can easily be disconnected from the dash panel. If so, I may wrap it.

Reactions: AK202

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
That’s my plan also. Walker noted those trims are part of the “assembly” if you’d call it that so I don’t need the whole shabang. The silver pieces to the dash/infotainment and the silver pieces on the steering wheel seem to pop out relatively easily, have to see if I can’t find some quality vinyl and see what I can do with that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mounted a VHF/UHF DMR Radio (Anytone UV578III) to the center console. Originally had it with a custom fixture over the fuse panel but I kept hitting it with my knee getting in and out, and I didn't like limiting fuse access so much.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Reinstalled Mass loaded vinyl (MLV) and closed cell foam sound deadening from under 2017 OB rear seat in my 2022 OB touring. Cleaned it up, trimmed and taped pieces with Gorilla tape to fit better.

BTW, the gen 6 seems to be assembled more logically under the seat than the Gen 5. Not sure it will help with road noise which is much-much lower on the Gen 6. I just did the task because I had the material already cut and assembled.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Speaking of sound deadening....my 2021 Premier XT doesn't like bad asphalt. Gets noisy. It's very quiet otherwise eg. cruising on highway ..etc but on bad road surfaces especially small cracks etc . I wonder if the 18" wheels have something to do with that?

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT
226 Posts
Speaking of sound deadening....my 2021 Premier XT doesn't like bad asphalt. Gets noisy. It's very quiet otherwise eg. cruising on highway ..etc but on bad road surfaces especially small cracks etc . I wonder if the 18" wheels have something to do with that?
I have noticed the same thing compared to the 17's I had on the 21 Legacy. I just drown it out with the Harmon Kardon haha

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,032 Posts

/QUOTE] Tires tires tires...... Ditched the oem tires on my 20 Legacy LTD that where not all that bad and installed Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4. Noticable difference in noise and handling . Really complements the car

5381 - 5400 of 5585 Posts