Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
5401 - 5420 of 5585 Posts

·
Registered
2010/2016 outback
1,032 Posts
Speaking of sound deadening....my 2021 Premier XT doesn't like bad asphalt. Gets noisy. It's very quiet otherwise eg. cruising on highway ..etc but on bad road surfaces especially small cracks etc . I wonder if the 18" wheels have something to do with that?
Tires tires tires...... Ditched the oem tires on my 20 Legacy LTD that where not all that bad and installed Michelin Pilot Sport all season 4. Noticable difference in noise and handling . Really complements the car

·
Registered
Onyx Green Machine
157 Posts
Just got back from a round trip tour from Maryland to Florida with my 20' Onyx "El Coqui" (recently dubbed: its the local Puerto Rican frog with golden and green skin). Drove down to Savannah first then the Villages to collect some of my mom's personal items. I had to rent a uhaul (5x8) to carry stuff back. The fun part was choosing to take the autotrain back from Sanford FL, to Virginia. No issues the whole trip, and El Coqui behaved like a champ!! Sorry no pictures (of the car) had to focus on the wife and my 16 month old who tagged along. I used the car's wifi to stream Mikey's Club house for the little one, which was awesome since the wifi worked even when my phone lost almost all signal.

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Well, not today, but yesterday...

I finally got around to doing a proper hand wash on my Wilderness. Outside looks mint now.

Then I installed a screen protector from Screen Protech on the infotainment system.

Then took the doggos out for a hike. Their first ride in the new Outback.

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
That pic makes the screen protector look much glossier than the original - true, or just an artifact of the picture?
Its the photo. I don't perceive the screen to be any more or less reflective than without the protector.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Wilderness
209 Posts
Hey what seat covers are those? That would be better than just using towels like I normally do.
I have a few things protecting my interior. The seat covers specifically are the OEM Subaru Outback Rear Seat Protectors. In addition to those, I have a dog hammock and door protectors, both bought from Amazon. I used them on my Crosstrek too, so I just moved them over to my Outback.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I moved some stuff from my 4R to the Wilderness. I'm going to miss my 4R, but I got $4K more than I paid for it 19 months ago. It made my deal so easy. Got the apr I wanted. Knocked of $8K in debt and lowered my payment $250. I'm glad I have a better offset on the LP wheels, but I never checked the size. I'm a little disappointed they are 18's, but its my fault for assuming they were 17's. The tire size is 255/55/18 which is .5" taller and 1.1" wider. Easy enough to chance in the future.

tempImageCdH7b0.png

tempImagePjsZct.png

tempImageePzWEu.png

tempImagetLbElv.png

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5 Crystal White
8 Posts
Did you install the prinsu rack yourself or had a shop do it? Do you have a gasket to seal the rain gutters?
Hey! My friend and I worked on it. Spent around 11 hours (2 days) There was only like 1 or 2 videos to reference. It was worth it!!

tools/materials needed!
  • Plastic interior removal tools
  • Threaded insert rivet tool ($25)
  • Silicone sealant/adhesive
  • Waterproof sealant
  • 5/16 in-18 x 1in Hex bolts (filler holes) & washers (stainless)
  • Drill/bit to open up the existing holes (filler)
I then cleaned up all the excess silicone to make it look clean and I purchased hex screw covers for the filler holes and caps for the provided rivets/bolts. I live in Southern CA, so I I don’t have to deal with too much rain but I made sure to be generous with the silicone.
B7EEBBD1-0B85-42FA-8588-247CE23AAF86.jpeg
C159CC33-D86C-4B08-8616-2DAEDE0897AE.jpeg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Gotta say that the LPs and Wildpeaks look great on the Wilderness, like a perfect a natural fit. The seatback storage packs look great, too! That is one awesome Wilderness.
:cool:
Yeah I got the setback panels from Blue Ridge. I will have to move the bottle holding closer to center since these cup holders don't hold any of my bottles tight.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
668 Posts
I will have to move the bottle holding closer to center since these cup holders don't hold any of my bottles tight.
Yeah I've seen a few solutions out there for that situation. This is one I've seen lately, but there is an adapter out there that fits the OEM holders, but can't find it right now.

5401 - 5420 of 5585 Posts