Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
5421 - 5440 of 5585 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
11,173 Posts
Reactions: cwescapexlt4x4

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
11,173 Posts
Well that really sucks. I've had them in every vehicle for last 10 years. I consider them vital.
It's a new model vehicle so contact the manufacturers of your previous car safes - I'm sure someone is either about to release one or it's in development somewhere.

·
Registered
2020 Outback XT Touring
41 Posts
Well, not today, but yesterday...

I finally got around to doing a proper hand wash on my Wilderness. Outside looks mint now.
View attachment 516839

Then I installed a screen protector from Screen Protech on the infotainment system.

Then took the doggos out for a hike. Their first ride in the new Outback.
View attachment 516841
Well, not today, but yesterday...

I finally got around to doing a proper hand wash on my Wilderness. Outside looks mint now.
View attachment 516839

Then I installed a screen protector from Screen Protech on the infotainment system.
View attachment 516840
Then took the doggos out for a hike. Their first ride in the new Outback.
View attachment 516841
Was wondering why the license plate bracket is installed offset. Just do not understand.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
668 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
11,173 Posts
Not sure if I trust the "2020" - is this for under the passenger seat or something?

edit: I see it fills the cargo area:

·
Registered
68 Posts
This may be overdone for what you need, but they have one that fits Gen 6:

Yeah I just need a console safe. I need something so I can lock up CC's and my ID and other small valuables.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,485 Posts
There are dimples for installing centered. So will need to remove license bracket to utilize tow hook. Ok guess I get it.
Also noticed the reflector is covered up on that side. WTF.
Some people, for whatever reason, don't like having the holes drilled for a required plate. I'm not questioning it, just passing along what I've seen/read. The "reflector" on that side is the fog/driving light.

·
Registered
2020 Outback 2.5 Limited
11 Posts
Unfortunately, I hit a deer. Darn thing ran out from a corn field in the middle of the day and I couldn't stop in time. Everyone in the vehicle was fine. The air bags did not deploy and the car was drivable afterwards. The car actually held up well considering I hit the deer going around 50 mph. The only warning after the accident was for the steering responsive headlights. Hopefully it'll look as good as new after the repairs are made.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring XT
226 Posts
Unfortunately, I hit a deer. Darn thing ran out from a corn field in the middle of the day and I couldn't stop in time. Everyone in the vehicle was fine. The air bags did not deploy and the car was drivable afterwards. The car actually held up well considering I hit the deer going around 50 mph. The only warning after the accident was for the steering responsive headlights. Hopefully it'll look as good as new after the repairs are made.
View attachment 516951
I am curious for accidents like this, does your insurance go up, or does it not count as an "accident" because its natural occurrence and covered through comprehensive...or would it be a collision....insurance is confusing haha.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
32 Posts
I am curious for accidents like this, does your insurance go up, or does it not count as an "accident" because its natural occurrence and covered through comprehensive...or would it be a collision....insurance is confusing haha.
I hit a deer with my old Legacy, made a claim with comprehensive and my insurance went up.

5421 - 5440 of 5585 Posts