Subaru Outback Forums banner
6741 - 6760 of 6814 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limted - 2.5 4 cyl - Nav - Sunroof-StarLink Enabled -I ce Blue Metalic
77 Posts
Part number

I think your Onyx comes with them, my Premium doesn't.
They go behind these blank plates:
View attachment 525938
Part number 94072AL01AVH (x4)
View attachment 525939
I have several questions as I'm very interested in getting and installing these parts, but the weather is getting a bit iffy depending on the day and now I know what those plates are there in my car. I have 2020 Limited, so they did not come with my car as well.

How hard were these to install?
It looks like a flat blade to pop out the plates and then simply pop the new assembly in the hole, is it really that easy?
Were there instructions to follow and were they easy to understand/figure out?
Any tricks that you learned during your install?

Thanks in advance.

Silver-Blue

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
394 Posts
I have several questions as I'm very interested in getting and installing these parts, but the weather is getting a bit iffy depending on the day and now I know what those plates are there in my car. I have 2020 Limited, so they did not come with my car as well.

It looks like a flat blade to pop out the plates and then simply pop the new assembly in the hole, is it really that easy?

Thanks in advance.

Silver-Blue
Not my video, but they are an easy install...

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,998 Posts
I'll let you know. I haven't done it yet (planned for this afternoon), but it really does seem to be just that simple. No instructions provided.

And I now see there's an actual install video...

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,998 Posts
Well, I can confirm that they install just as easy as the video shows. It took longer to get the tools together and put away than it did to actually install them. I originally grabbed my 1/4" ratchet and 10mm socket for it but then decided I wanted an extension (which I don't have in 1/4" drive) so I had to go back for the 3/8", extension and 10mm 3/8" drive socket.

Tricks? Yeah, pull the loop down as far as it'll go, if you don't you won't get the cover open enough to get the tool on the bolt to tighten it.

I'm not sure I'll use them much, but it's nice to have the option and it's a CHEAP "upgrade", less than $20 including tax for all 4...

·
Registered
2021 Outback Limited XT
44 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Beautiful job. l'd also like to know what to expect to pay for the same work on my 2021 XT Limited.
The guys wrap race cars for a living, so it better be! :LOL: This cost $450, but the business I work for does business with these guys on a regular basis, so there was a bit of a discount they gave me.

·
Registered
2020 Abyss Blue Pearl OB XT
394 Posts
Had Michelin Cross Climate V2 installed at CostCo, after 10,830 miles on my OEM tires (which are for sale).

View attachment 525628
I'll look into these tires when it comes for new tires, but I only have 16k miles, so it will be a bit longer. But I have heard good things about them Why did you replace so fast? The performance is that much better even for every day driving?

·
Registered
2021 Touring XT in Crystal White Pearl
585 Posts
Took car in for 6mos service. Service writer questioned that I had just had oil change done in June (6/2 to be precise), why was I doing so soon and only 4300 mi. since. I told her so I wouldn't void the warranty plus I needed state insp. (free from dlr), s/w update and alignment check (also free). She came back and told me well as long as you get the oil changed at least once a yr. I'd be ok. I told her that wasn't what I understood. Go figure? This evening I found out there is a new map version available. Why wouldn't they have checked that as well and updated? Alignment was out on left rear. Must have been like that from factory since I hadn't noticed anything and only have 8500 mi. on it.
Overall pleasant experience but **** the costs to change oil is horrible even w/ a $25 coupon. Considering buying the Subaru filters in bulk, oil at Walmart and taking somewhere to have it done. $123.00 for oil and filter change and tire rotation just seems steep to me. Maybe I've gotten spoiled by Honda's syn. blend and the coupons they send me. Guess I could consider it a birthday present for the car since it was a yr. old yesterday.🎂🎁🎉

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
788 Posts
Took car in for 6mos service.
Warranty technically does not get voided ever since the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act was enacted in 1975, though a specific claim can be denied if a failure can be attributed to a non-OEM modification, or failure to maintain the vehicle per the Subaru Maintenance Schedule, which does state very specifically every 6 months or 6,000 miles so that stupid little dealer brat is dead wrong.

Map update? Go to https://subaru-maps.com/ and get a USB drive, download the update, and install yourself. Dealers don't do map updates, just firmware updates, like you asked the service write for.

I go to an indie Subaru shop for oil changes. I bring my own Motul oil, my own Wix XP filter and they charge me $9.00 They rotate my tires for $20. I never pay dealer prices, especially one that does not know a **** thing about their own Maintenance Schedule.

6741 - 6760 of 6814 Posts