Subaru Outback Forums banner
6801 - 6820 of 7384 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I went to go say hello..
My dealer called and said the car came in. The wife and I went down to chk it out and get the vin number for insurance. I hate to see the Forester go but the miles are up there (51000) and I was given a great trade-in value. Bye bye Forester Hello Outback. This will be my 9th Subaru. That is my 05 Outback XT sitting with my soon to be gone Forester Sport View attachment 523690
View attachment 523688
on my eighth,,, have 21 gray outback now i think you will like outback better ,,,smoother ride and quieter

·
Registered
86 Posts
Today I replaced the chrome lettering with the black lettering from the XT Onyx also did part of the rear light black out. Tried to do the small section where the rear signal light is and had a hard time of it plus it's in the low 40s here in CT and my body told me to get in the house and warm up. I'll finish it up another day. ( Not the best pics) View attachment 526200 View attachment 526201 View attachment 526202 View attachment 526203
looks nice ,,did all that to mine also,,,,sets it apart

·
Registered
05 Outback XT Auto / 06 Forester XT STi 6speed (298/338) EFI Tuned / 02 Outback /98 Forester
39 Posts
on my eighth,,, have 21 gray outback now i think you will like outback better ,,,smoother ride and quieter
Wife and I definitely like the Outback better. Nice ride and feel like a grown up in the Outback over the Forester even though I'm 54 lol. I think the wife might jump from her Crosstrek into a Outback. She loves her Crosstrek but the Outback is just so much nicer and she'll hate that my car rides better and quieter than hers and the price of a limited Crosstrek is just few 1000 less than a premium Outback.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Its been 3 weeks since I traded my Wilderness for another 4R. I still have a few things left to sell in like new condition listed in classifieds, but they don't seem to get much attention.

ProClip Console Mount/Holder: $60 shipped
Rear 2nd row Tuxmat: $80 Dallas pickup only
Spare Wilderness wheel and tire: $200 Dallas pickup only

·
Registered
69 Posts
I absolutely could not stand that bright red LED light constantly glaring at me. There are five compasses on the Generation 6 Outback (depending on trim level) so it’s totally not needed.

I got some blackout material, and used a vinyl cutter to block the darn thing. The blackout material is actually not noticeable when you’re driving the car and it’s so nice not to have that stupid non-cancelable light glowing.

Permanently defeating that light and permanently defeating the Auto Start Stop? Favorite 2 vengeance mods. 🤨
View attachment 526260
View attachment 526261
Really? This is the 1st time I’ve had a vehicle with a rear view mirror compass and it has not once bothered me. I don’t notice it either, unless I’m staring right at it.

6801 - 6820 of 7384 Posts