Subaru Outback Forums banner
7261 - 7280 of 7356 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Magnetite Grey Outback Touring XT
168 Posts
IMHO, the HK sub is useless. It's rare I get ANY audible output out of mine and that only starts when volume is turned up past 25 of 40. I had it checked at the dealer and they say it's normal. It really needs some internal adjustments to add anything to the soundstage. My belief is that it is greatly underpowered. .Wish they had taken some of the power from the front center speaker and fed it to the sub. Some day, the plan is to tear it out and replace it with a self powered unit.
Listen to some techno/trance. My 21 XT Touring's stereo is obscenely loud. I have to actually turn down the sub. I wish it had EQ settings and not just bass/mid/treble but this is the first stock car stereo [at this price point] that I'm actually impressed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wouldn't it be cool if the passengers seat folded forward? My Nissan frontier had that feature and I found it super useful for hauling.
My Jeep Wrangler seats folded forward, but that was to aid in getting into the back seat. My Grand Cherokee seat reclines quite far and I've used that feature to carry a lot of long dimensional lumber, etc. One cool feature of my 07' Grand is that the lift gate glass will open independent of the lift gate. This feature enables you to carry really long things in the back and still have the lift gate closed. I'm not sure the new Jeeps do that. Still, I'm looking forward to ordering a new OB soon. 😀

·
Registered
2021 Touring XT in Crystal White Pearl
635 Posts
Yeah, I loved that feature on my first two CRVs. I think it was probably a safety thing that made them do away w/ that feature.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
36 degrees out, warmest it will be for the next week. Going to try to install those mud flaps now. Wish me luck.

edit- rally mode activated

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Took about an hour start to finish from tools out to tools away. I had to remove the factory installed splash guards. Some of those clips or bolts were stinkers. I guess the way they installed it was easier for me to re-use the bolts rather than the plastic clips. All seems snug, I will check them in a couple days.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
46 Posts
After some irreconcilable differences with the infotainment system, I finally sold it. Thankfully able to get more than I paid for it and more than the original sticker price.
Will the grass still be greener on the other side? We’ll find out.

·
Registered
Black 2022 Outback Wilderness
76 Posts
After some irreconcilable differences with the infotainment system, I finally sold it. Thankfully able to get more than I paid for it and more than the original sticker price.
What is the other side?! Toyota? Hyundai?!

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
16 Posts
Congratulations. Have to love the current car market!

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
49 Posts
I pressure washed it today. We had snow this past Thursday or Friday and the car was quite dirty and salty. It finally warmed up (47 degrees) enough today to take care of it. Used the foam cannon and then pressure. Came out very very nice. It pays to have a quality paint sealant on the paint

Don

7261 - 7280 of 7356 Posts