Subaru Outback Forums banner
7281 - 7300 of 7357 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Touring XT
19 Posts
I pressure washed it today. We had snow this past Thursday or Friday and the car was quite dirty and salty. It finally warmed up (47 degrees) enough today to take care of it. Used the foam cannon and then pressure. Came out very very nice. It pays to have a quality paint sealant on the paint

Don
I need to look into this... I have no idea what kind of sealants work best. The dealership is doing their paint protection sealant (don't worry, I didn't pay for it)... who knows what that is.

I had a ceramic coat on my last car, but I really wasn't that impressed with it. It was a "5 year" coating that really only seemed impressive for about 6 months and I paid a few grand for it, lol. Whomp... life lesson.

Anyway... I need to research some sort of coating I can do myself and all this foam cannon stuff I've never used. Happy to throw down money for the right tools.

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Touring XT
19 Posts
I was unfamiliar with both channels and just checked them out. Pan certainly praises products, but... I don't mind it so much if it is real and not paid advertising. There are so many products out there, I struggle with knowing what is good and I would love to buy a pressure washer and/or foam cannon or something if I could feel confident in what to buy, etc.

Definitely will be doing some research and will include those channels.

·
Registered
218 Posts
ProjectFarm is probably the gold standard for online reviews across a variety of products.
is related to sealants, but the other product reviews are excellent.

re: pressure washer - IMO, it's easy to overbuy. Weirdly, the SunJoe I bought is now on sale https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPGMUXW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It does everything my several hundred dollar gas washer did, except for being able to clean the cement walkways.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I was unfamiliar with both channels and just checked them out. Pan certainly praises products, but... I don't mind it so much if it is real and not paid advertising. There are so many products out there, I struggle with knowing what is good and I would love to buy a pressure washer and/or foam cannon or something if I could feel confident in what to buy, etc.

I recommend Obsessed Garage for curated detailing products.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I also like Chicago Auto Pros.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I have used and had good experiences with the 303 Graphene Flex and Turtle Wax Pro Graphene spray, but I am going to probably try one of the Adams products soon.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
2,633 Posts
I put two coats of Mothers CMX on the car 25 months ago. Since then It has gotten maybe 3-4 quick treatments of Meguiers hybrid ceramic wax and monthly wash's with a Eagle one Wax as you dry to finish. Nothing else. There may be others that are better but for a total $50 investment, my OB still shines like the day I brought it home. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
50 Posts
I need to look into this... I have no idea what kind of sealants work best. The dealership is doing their paint protection sealant (don't worry, I didn't pay for it)... who knows what that is.

I had a ceramic coat on my last car, but I really wasn't that impressed with it. It was a "5 year" coating that really only seemed impressive for about 6 months and I paid a few grand for it, lol. Whomp... life lesson.

Anyway... I need to research some sort of coating I can do myself and all this foam cannon stuff I've never used. Happy to throw down money for the right tools.
I am a diehard Wolfgang user. I currently am using Wolfgang Si02 sealant but have used the deep gloss paint sealant also. Both work amazing. I was trying to buy the deep gloss paint sealant and accidentally bought the Si02. Once app;ied they work very similar. Time will tell if the Si02 lasts as long as the DGPS. I usually got 6 months with the DGPS so we shall see. As far as a foam cannon I am using what I believe is a Chemical Guys one. My sons girlfriend bought it for him and I use it too. It foams amazingly well and really helps when just using the pressure washer. If I am doing a "real wash" I skip the cannon.

Don

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
I recently bought a Ryobi electric power washer around Christmas time on discount, I'm planning to clean up the sidewalks around the house, and then I'm going to use it with a foam cannon. I am on the fence about which cannon to buy - figure I have until the Spring to jump on that - but I think there's a Trinova branded one that has some good reviews and I believe did well on Pan the Organizer's foam cannon roundup a year ago. I've been following PTO a while, and I have been satisfied with most of his recommendations.

My next house will definitely have a drainage system in the garage, for sure.

Graphene Ceramic Coating™ Advanced - Adam's Polishes (adamspolishes.com)

·
Premium Member
2022 Outback Touring XT
19 Posts
lol... I hate all the choices! I just want there to be one that is clearly the best. 😂🤣 That Project Farm guy's comparison seemed to favor the Turtle Wax Hybrid stuff.

·
Registered
218 Posts
lol... I hate all the choices! I just want there to be one that is clearly the best. 😂🤣 That Project Farm guy's comparison seemed to favor the Turtle Wax Hybrid stuff.
Coming from someone who builds a ranking spreadsheet for nearly every purchase over $200, I get you. (see optimizer vs. satisficers) A lot of the choices become "absolutely good enough if you just decide that there is no one best product that categorically rules". I settled on the TW and I'm completely happy with it. I also bought/use a Chemical Guys clay bar kit.

Most important trick - once you've bought something, just stop shopping.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
50 Posts
I just ordered the Diode Dynamics SS3 fog light kit for my Wilderness. Can't wait for them to get here and install them. The stock lights are cool as **** but they actually have poor light output. The DDSS3's will be awesome

Don

·
Registered
Black 2022 Outback Wilderness
76 Posts
I just ordered the Diode Dynamics SS3 fog light kit for my Wilderness. Can't wait for them to get here and install them. The stock lights are cool as **** but they actually have poor light output. The DDSS3's will be awesome

Don
Yeah, they look great but are **** near useless.

·
Registered
2022 OBW
74 Posts
The DD SS3s are my top recommended add to the OBW. Worth every penny. Grabbed the Max White Fogs and I couldn't be happier.

As an install tip, take the bumper off, it's very easy and will give you better access. I aimed mine slightly down with about a two dime thick shim on the bottom.

7281 - 7300 of 7357 Posts