Subaru Outback Forums banner

801 - 820 of 893 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
49 Posts
Installed door scuff protectors. I'm not sure I did as well as the factory would have done, but it seemed to turn out okay. My passengers and I have a bad habit of hitting the door with our feet.
View attachment 472711
Now that you’ve had these a few months, how do you like them? Are they hiding scuffs better than before? I’ve gone back and forth on wether or not I should put these on my Onyx. I like the idea of them but wasn’t sure if it would be much better than having scuffs on door itself. Any issues with them peeling up in any areas? Sorry for all the questions, I tend to overthink my purchases sometimes. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
2020 Outback touring XT, crazy Subaru idea of green
117 Posts
This is what I did today. I always use a silicone 'brush' when there is early morning condensation on my Subi. It's like a free car wash. Anyway, I was stretched out to reach the roof above the hatch to wipe the water from there when I suddenly heard a familiar sound. Which was....? You guessed it, my abdominal area was close enough to the emblem that it triggered the opening! Did it twice! So if you're having a hard time having your still hand getting that hatch to open, lay yer belly against it!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
298 Posts
So your saying your car bucked you off like a bronco? I'd name it "Spirit" or "Unbroken".

·
Registered
117 Posts
E
So your saying your car bucked you off like a bronco? I'd name it "Spirit" or "Unbroken".
Xactly! I was smart enough to jump out of the way the moment I heard that beep. By trial and error, I've also learned to not back-in park too close to places with trees in the back. Tree vs hatch door? Tree kinda won.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx Edition XT Autumn Green Metallic
125 Posts
How is that even possible if the key fob is in your pocket in the driver seat? Climbing on the back to wash the top of the car I get - the key is in proximity.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How is that even possible if the key fob is in your pocket in the driver seat? Climbing on the back to wash the top of the car I get - the key is in proximity.
Heh. No, the silicone brush happened when my Subi was parked in my driveway. The key was in my pocket, not in the car. The tree vs Subi was me opening the hatch while sitting in the driver's seat. It was a "yeah, duh!" moment

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey, here's a question for y'all. I took a close look at the all purpose floor liner in the back of the hatch. It looks like it's designed to be tucked in on all the corners. Mine however appears to have been simply thrown on top. So what's the scoop? Does yours look like this? 20200113_160435.jpg 20200113_160427.jpg

·
Registered
782 Posts
E

Xactly! I was smart enough to jump out of the way the moment I heard that beep. By trial and error, I've also learned to not back-in park too close to places with trees in the back. Tree vs hatch door? Tree kinda won.
If you hear the beep and don't move away, the door will not open. The sensor is waiting for the object to move away after the beep. I've been behind the car so many times with it trying to auto-open that I've learned to purposely >not< move away after the beep unless I want it to open.

801 - 820 of 893 Posts