Subaru Outback Forums banner

821 - 840 of 1999 Posts

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
149 Posts
Now that you’ve had these a few months, how do you like them? Are they hiding scuffs better than before? I’ve gone back and forth on wether or not I should put these on my Onyx. I like the idea of them but wasn’t sure if it would be much better than having scuffs on door itself. Any issues with them peeling up in any areas? Sorry for all the questions, I tend to overthink my purchases sometimes. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated :)
Yes! They have already saved my door from several deep scratches from my hiking boots hitting the doors. They also seem to still look good. I can't quite explain it. The scratches seem less obvious due to the pattern on the protectors. I'm still getting some wear on the door speaker mesh from the occasionally shoe hit, but you can't really cover up the speakers.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5 Hi-Yo, Ice Silver! Away!
217 Posts
I'm still getting some wear on the door speaker mesh from the occasionally shoe hit, but you can't really cover up the speakers.
Yes! Those speaker mesh I feel guilty about. Sometimes I wonder where the stuff goes when it gets in there and how accessible will it be to clean it. Gotta vacuum this thing instead because cleaning it off with a cloth just makes you push more stuff in there.

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,160 Posts
Hey, here's a question for y'all. I took a close look at the all purpose floor liner in the back of the hatch. It looks like it's designed to be tucked in on all the corners. Mine however appears to have been simply thrown on top. So what's the scoop? Does yours look like this? View attachment 477263 View attachment 477264
Having had 2 other generations of this thing (2003,2013), I am disappointed at the flimsy material used for this one. I guess they were trying to save weight to meet standards? So it just looks like that. I much liked the older ones that were soft and flexible but also more rigid in the details like the edges.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Yes! They have already saved my door from several deep scratches from my hiking boots hitting the doors. They also seem to still look good. I can't quite explain it. The scratches seem less obvious due to the pattern on the protectors. I'm still getting some wear on the door speaker mesh from the occasionally shoe hit, but you can't really cover up the speakers.
having seen all the marks on my wifes passenger side door after our 2 recent road trips, I am thinking I should have got these already. lol. I think I will get them when I see a discounted price or coupon.

anyone, what is that thread with the parts site that offers discounts to forum members?

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
63 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for answering my questions :)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
14 Posts
Try to black out side window deflectors chrome before install. After I done with last piece, I found an extra piece in the bag......

It’s the OEM box, that have no foam that protect the item. Buyer be aware.

I guess I’ll fix that.....
35EA97EB-D7EC-40DF-9BBC-63700DD6F61C.jpeg AE83ECD1-F733-4DAB-93E1-28A30CB84CFC.jpeg

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Try to black out side window deflectors chrome before install. After I done with last piece, I found an extra piece in the bag......

It’s the OEM box, that have no foam that protect the item. Buyer be aware.

I guess I’ll fix that.....
View attachment 477406 View attachment 477407
I had the same problem - luckily I the fractured piece was the first one I opened so I discovered it before any of them were installed. The broken one was for the passenger front door. I got a refund and probably won't re-order.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, w/ PP2+
185 Posts
Mine looks just like yours.
Anyone notice how thin/cheap the 2020 cargo liner and all weather mats are compared to the prior generation? And not to have a mat stay hook on the passenger's side is a crime IMHO. YMMV.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Anyone notice how thin/cheap the 2020 cargo liner and all weather mats are compared to the prior generation? And not to have a mat stay hook on the passenger's side is a crime IMHO. YMMV.

yep - I have mentioned this a couple times here. I cant help think its the weight issue. They have gone lighter in a number of areas. Considering how much cars have tried to cut weight for fuel standards, many getting rid of the spare tires - and we still have spare tires, I think they are trying to cut everywhere else they can.

I try to remind myself - there really is no immediate reason I can think of to need the heavier thicker cargo liner, but it did feel nicer to have, I miss it.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I try to remind myself - there really is no immediate reason I can think of to need the heavier thicker cargo liner, but it did feel nicer to have, I miss it.
It does seem like a decently durable material as long as you don't puncture/cut it. If I'm loading something with metal feet, I throw a piece of cardboard to protect the protective liner. Rather do that than risk a sharp edge cutting a hole in the thin liner, or to have a really thick heavy duty liner in all the time when I don't need it.

·
Registered
2020 Outback L 2.5 greenie / tan (formerly 2014 Outback 2.5i P 6MT)
223 Posts
Got our first significant snowfall today, so I took it out on an empty parking lot and did donuts for a while to get the feel of the AWD. I loved the feel of my 2014 OB MT, with that 50/50 torque split, when sliding you could feel the center of the car and gently apply negative steering - but you were still sliding outward. The 2020 feels crankier, but seems to do better in terms of not going beyond the desired turn.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Disabled the seatbelt chime with the 20 clicks method, thanks to you guys! For clarity, I do not run with scissors or encourage unsafe driving habits. But....once I’m a couple of houses away from the garage it’s nice to unbuckle the seatbelt and not get yelled at since we live on a street without much traffic.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, Crystal White Pearl
72 Posts
Disabled the seatbelt chime with the 20 clicks method, thanks to you guys! For clarity, I do not run with scissors or encourage unsafe driving habits. But....once I’m a couple of houses away from the garage it’s nice to unbuckle the seatbelt and not get yelled at since we live on a street without much traffic.
is that just for the drivers seat, or all seats?

821 - 840 of 1999 Posts