Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
8461 - 8480 of 8792 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
17,052 Posts
I didn't even bother consulting anyone for a repair - pits that small don't worry me. They're not visible while driving but I can feel them when cleaning the windshield and examining it closely.

·
Registered
2022 Outback XT Touring
4 Posts
BAFX OBD II Bluetooth installed and connected to Torque Pro app. Sure is nice to finally be able to see the boost gauge!

Some thoughts in no particular order:
  • logged a 7.066 0-60mph
  • Peak boost seems to be under 12 psi which feels right for this car, but I think Subaru left some buffer there… no plans for a tune on my part.
  • Pedal response feels better? This is probably placebo effect.

EDIT: 16psi of boost while passing on a highway.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
BAFX OBD II Bluetooth installed and connected to Torque Pro app. Sure is nice to finally be able to see the boost gauge!

Some thoughts in no particular order:
  • logged a 7.066 0-60mph
  • Peak boost seems to be under 12 psi which feels right for this car, but I think Subaru left some buffer there… no plans for a tune on my part.
  • Pedal response feels better? This is probably placebo effect.
Just an FYI...no one offers a tune, including Cobb, who said their issue with developing a tune is the potential impact on the CVT.

·
Registered
2021 Touring XT Abyss Blue Pearl
710 Posts
Technically called "nicks". I used the resin from a windshield repair kit to fill half a dozen nicks and the one less than dime sized chip where a rock struck high center. And last week dropped the deductible on our comprehensive insurance to $100 from $500 for another $42 a year as it seemed worth it, a better bet than the $1299 third party windshield insurance policy we'd been talked into and subsequently dropped when we bought the car.

Reactions: SilverOnyx

·
Registered
503 Posts
Gave the old girl an overdue buff. I have some swirls and clear coat scratches that I wanted to minimize. It's no "show car" but it's the cleanest the outside has been in many moons. I only had a couple hours for everything. In the not-too-distant future I think I'll clean and paint the calipers, maybe something other than silver for some pop.

-wash
-Turtle rubbing compound on a few spots
-Turtle polishing compound
-Turtle scratch and swirl remover
-Meguiar ultimate quick wax
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
59 Posts
Took the Outback in to the dealer for another freebee oil change late one warm afternoon recently. The tech did the work in no time and parked the car back in front of the dealership. Waited for the Service Advisor to come give me the keys but after 15 minutes or so he was a no show so I tracked down another Service Advisor. Turns out the original guy went off campus on his break so the new guy helped me out. While waiting for him to do the paperwork I did the remote start to cool the car down a bit before we got back in. It's at this point that I noticed the tech leaving (end of shift). As he walked by the car he had just recently parked he did a double take thinking he left the **** thing running. I intercepted him as he trotted back to the shop and explained the remote start thing. He was greatly relieved as he had just started working at this dealership and was not looking forward to telling his boss he left a car running.

·
Premium Member
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
192 Posts
What do you think of the Luno? I've had one in my cart for months

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I love it so far! Way better than the cheap blow-up mattress that I had in there before. I also like that I can blow up only one side and it fits perfectly. Great to have that room on one side. I had a twin (or double I can't remember) in there before that took up the whole back and didn't leave me room to put anything there but the bed. This gives me options and is more durable for sure!

·
Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
28 Posts
Reactions: Boyer66

·
Registered
45 Posts
This weekend I took my Squatcharu 2022 OBW Wilderness through the Pine Barrens to the ghost towns of Mount and Washington, found the ruins and cellar holes of several 1700's-era taverns and sites, through stanky mud washouts and sugar sand ruts and trails. I post detailed trail reports and videos here: What Pluckery Is This?
Here's a video of a few muddy washouts and go-arounds:

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car

8461 - 8480 of 8792 Posts