Subaru Outback Forums banner
10761 - 10780 of 10857 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Took my week old car back to the dealer to have them change the setting so I can lower and raise all the windows simultaneously from the key fob, and the setting that locks/unlocks all doors when the driver's door is locked/unlocked. Also had the bumper protection film (matt black) added to the top of the rear bumper.
Is this on a 22 or a 23? Didn’t know the window thing was a capability from the key fob.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Took my week old car back to the dealer to have them change the setting so I can lower and raise all the windows simultaneously from the key fob, and the setting that locks/unlocks all doors when the driver's door is locked/unlocked. Also had the bumper protection film (matt black) added to the top of the rear bumper.
Wait!? What!? This is a thing? Please tell us more. It could be a game changer for some of us in really hot and humid climates!

·
Registered
2023 Outback Touring
271 Posts
I had the Cravenspeed Platypus front license plate mount, and I loved it on my 2020, but with the redesigned front facia on the 2023, I really didn't like it any more, so I sucked it up and bought the Sly bracket. I need to contact them because I ordered the leveling kit and did not get it, but that's OK, I like it without.

New Tires & Wheels on Saturday (Wildpeaks & Enikei Performance EDR9, went to 17" rims), and Orsini overlays in the spring when it warms back up and I think I'm good.

Tire Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car

·
Registered
OBLTDXT 2023 Cosmic Blue
280 Posts
I discovered that the car isn't a fan of using Signal for phone calls. Not sure if it's a Subaru issue, Android, or universal as this was the first time I'd tried it. The car kept getting confused about what was going on. I had to answer the call on the phone but it then popped up on screen like a regular phone call, only showing my phone number. While I was on the call, I got a regular phone call which disrupted the SIgnal call. Declining the incoming call caused the Signal call to switch to the phone speaker despite showing BT as it's output. Additionally, the podcast I had been listening to started playing over the car audio.

Overall a frustrating experience.
What's signal, like a Whatsapp to make audio calls? I use the latter and it works fine off Carplay, haven't tried it via bluetooth. Does it do the same if you use Android auto? One way to weed at least one variable out.
Coming to edit as I just recalled seeing a similar behavior where it was confused between bluetooth or speaker (on my iphone) but it did continue to work over car speakers/mic.

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
4,231 Posts
What's signal,
Signal is just another of myriad messaging apps out there.

Me? I had to go back to have my tire re-plugged. Had it done almost 2 weeks ago but it kept losing air. Turns out the first plug/patch (it's a combo) didn't seal properly in the cold weather, they replaced it and used a bit of heat to make sure it sealed.

·
Registered
2023 OB Onyx 2.5
221 Posts
Has anyone successfully used MS Teams calls w/ AA? I have it set up as an "app" and I recall getting a notification that a call was coming in but I wasn't able to figure out how to "answer" that call....

·
Registered
2022 Outback Touring 2.5
11 Posts
Wait!? What!? This is a thing? Please tell us more. It could be a game changer for some of us in really hot and humid climates!
Page 531 of the 2022 manual lists the dealer-only settings. The "windows open function" is the one for operating all windows simultaneously from the fob. Contrary to common belief, it sometimes gets warm here in the UK and its good to get the air in quickly when the car's been left in the sun all day.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Page 531 of the 2022 manual lists the dealer-only settings. The "windows open function" is the one for operating all windows simultaneously from the fob. Contrary to common belief, it sometimes gets warm here in the UK and its good to get the air in quickly when the car's been left in the sun all day.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk
Ah, didn’t catch that you were in the UK, so a Japan built car. Not available on the NA models it seems. My manual says nothing about it.

·
Registered
2023 Outback Touring
271 Posts
Has anyone successfully used MS Teams calls w/ AA? I have it set up as an "app" and I recall getting a notification that a call was coming in but I wasn't able to figure out how to "answer" that call....
I've done Teams calls through the head unit, and had mixed success. Generally I find Teams glitchy no matter what platform though. I remember one time it literally would not disconnect from my phone. I started a call in the car, and it ended up dropping, but it didn't drop, I was still connected on my phone but the head unit went back to playing the radio. I ended the call on my phone (the meeting wasn't over) and when I got out of the car I suddenly heard voices coming from my pocket, my phone was still connected. Now if I ever do a Teams call from my phone I reboot after it's finished.

·
Registered
2023 Outback Touring, Cosmic Blue Pearl
18 Posts
First post here. Been wanting some wheels and tires for my 2022 OB Premium and I was able to have a set installed last night. I went with the Black Rhino Boxers and Falken Wildpeak AT’s. Couldn’t be happier with how it looks.Now if we’d just get some snow here soon ;)
View attachment 554508
What was the wheel offset you went with? Looking at their website it appear that most of the wheels for a Subaru have 30mm offset. Any concerns with tire rubbing?

·
Registered
2023 OB Onyx 2.5
221 Posts
I've done Teams calls through the head unit, and had mixed success. Generally I find Teams glitchy no matter what platform though. I remember one time it literally would not disconnect from my phone. I started a call in the car, and it ended up dropping, but it didn't drop, I was still connected on my phone but the head unit went back to playing the radio. I ended the call on my phone (the meeting wasn't over) and when I got out of the car I suddenly heard voices coming from my pocket, my phone was still connected. Now if I ever do a Teams call from my phone I reboot after it's finished.
Thanks. That doesn't sound good at all. Oh well. I'm happy to skip a few teams calls every once in a while.

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
641 Posts
how's the wind noise on it? why'd you choose that one over the yakima equivalent? i'm currently trying to decide between the two brands.
I know your question was not directed at me, but I have the same box (only in silver).

Reasons for Thule over Yakima:
I actually bought the Yakima CBX from REI 2 times. Both of them came in cracked. If they break that easily during shipping, then I do not want one. The reason I originally wanted Yakima was that it was lower profile and I wanted to be able to clear my garage door with the cargo box. It turns out that I am able to do this with the Thule, but it is very close. If they were equivalent quality, I think I would have preferred the Yakima due to dimensions. Based on what I saw with the damaged Yakimas, I do not think they are equivalent quality. Thule box has done well for the trips I have needed it on.

Wind Noise:
It is quiet even when it is not loaded. There is definitely some noise if you are listening for it, but not much.

Photo of my silver Motion XT XL.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

On the what did I do to my Outback today. I got it back from having paint protection film applied for the second time. I had film applied shortly after buying my Outback in March 2021. Hit a deer with the Outback in June 2022 (the day after the above photo was taken). Got it back from the body shop in September. My PPF guy was scheduled out until November when I booked my appointment at the end of September. Glad to finally be back to where I was before the deer.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know your question was not directed at me, but I have the same box (only in silver).

Reasons for Thule over Yakima:
I actually bought the Yakima CBX from REI 2 times. Both of them came in cracked. If they break that easily during shipping, then I do not want one. The reason I originally wanted Yakima was that it was lower profile and I wanted to be able to clear my garage door with the cargo box. It turns out that I am able to do this with the Thule, but it is very close. If they were equivalent quality, I think I would have preferred the Yakima due to dimensions. Based on what I saw with the damaged Yakimas, I do not think they are equivalent quality. Thule box has done well for the trips I have needed it on.

Wind Noise:
It is quiet even when it is not loaded. There is definitely some noise if you are listening for it, but not much.

Photo of my silver Motion XT XL.

View attachment 554545

On the what did I do to my Outback today. I got it back from having paint protection film applied for the second time. I had film applied shortly after buying my Outback in March 2021. Hit a deer with the Outback in June 2022 (the day after the above photo was taken). Got it back from the body shop in September. My PPF guy was scheduled out until November when I booked my appointment at the end of September. Glad to finally be back to where I was before the deer.
super helpful insight, appreciate you responding. for what I did with mine, it's sitting in my driveway across the country as i'm on the east coast visiting family. planning to put some Nokian R5's on it this weekend though!

10761 - 10780 of 10857 Posts