Subaru Outback Forums banner

What did you do with your 6th Gen Outback today?

1358573 10856
I figure every generation needs this thread.

So I'll begin:

I saw a 2020 Onyx today!
10801 - 10820 of 10857 Posts

·
Registered
22 Outback Onyx XT "Lord Vader"
166 Posts
Drove it. Picked it up on Monday. Love it.

View attachment 554615
Just try to keep the fondling of it, behind closed garage doors. 🤨😉😁😆

But srsly, hope you enjoy it immensely. Welcome, and pay no mind the background chanting...

(One of us... one of us... one of us... one of us...) 🤪

·
Registered
203 Posts
Checked on & retorqued all the bolts on my WL RSB.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
19,438 Posts
They'd better be or there's a false advertising lawsuit waiting to happen. But yeah, the 12-speaker HK system should very well be all HK branded speakers, tweeters too.
In the HK systems, the speakers are >not< kicker tweeters. They are HK speakers - 80mm coaxials in the corners.

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
19,438 Posts
Right but your tweeter upgrade was not in a Harman Kardon system. The HK system uses different impedance in the speakers so replacing them might not be as straightforward.

Reactions: tjccole and rjg426

·
Registered
28 Posts
I got 9.2L/100 on my wilderness over 695KM..it was saying I could have made it all the way but would have been down to 6KM left on the tank..so was pretty happy about that. I probably averaged around 105 with traffic but had it set at 124..so I could have got it lower..there was nothing in the car and my frontrunner roof rack is off now
Speedometer Automotive design Motor vehicle Gauge Trip computer

.. so that made a diff as well..

·
Registered
2023 Outback Touring, Cosmic Blue Pearl
18 Posts
Ordered 4 Enkei EKM3 wheels in Gun Metal 18 x 7.5 with 45 mm offset from Discount Tire for my summer tires. They are offering $100 off for the Black Friday period plus an additional 5% if you have a Discount Tire credit card :). I am using my OEM rims for snow tires.

I also ordered an Autel TS508 TPMS tool and 4 MX-Sensors for the new wheels.

·
Registered
2023 Outback Touring
271 Posts
Got some new shoes on the Stormtrooper. 17" Enkei EDR9 with 225/65r17 Falken A/T Trails. If Tire Rack is accurate this setup should be about 1lb less per corner than the OEM tire & wheel (20lb wheel & 31lb tire). Not enough miles to say how they are vs. the OEM but enough to say it isn't noticeable one way or another on dry pavement. Might have been a touch noisier going across a bridge, and may be a little softer (which they should be). I'm 100% confident they will be better in the snow/ice/mud etc. No bath before the pictures but I love the way they look!

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
2022 Outback Premium
1,020 Posts
Today I made my annual trek to The Station. It is a small but very cool model railroad shop in New Cumberland, PA. In 1957, the original owner saw an ad for an original Reading Railroad station in Robesonia, Pa., that was going to be demolished. So, he bought it for a few dollars and, with the help of family and friends, disassembled it on the weekends, brought it to New Cumberland piece by piece, reassembled it in a lot next to his home, and moved his business (Model Hobbies) there. I've been going there every holiday season for almost 60 years.

·
Registered
OBLTDXT 2023 Cosmic Blue
280 Posts
Went for a Home Depot run and ran into an older relative of ours on the way out
View attachment 554640
Thanks for blacking out other cars' license plates as well. So often I see people block out their car plates and leave the others hanging. Considerate!

On another note, it's great to see so many older Subarus still on the road and this older one still looks great.

·
Registered
2023 OB Onyx 2.5
221 Posts
Today I made my annual trek to The Station. It is a small but very cool model railroad shop in New Cumberland, PA. In 1957, the original owner saw an ad for an original Reading Railroad station in Robesonia, Pa., that was going to be demolished. So, he bought it for a few dollars and, with the help of family and friends, disassembled it on the weekends, brought it to New Cumberland piece by piece, reassembled it in a lot next to his home, and moved his business (Model Hobbies) there. I've been going there every holiday season for almost 60 years.

Picture of your train layout? I've always wanted to get into that hobby but have way too many that cost way too much as it is!

10801 - 10820 of 10857 Posts