Subaru Outback Forums banner
11241 - 11260 of 11551 Posts

· Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
171 Posts
Yean need to figure out the wiring and what lights to use.
One option some of us used is this. Not sure if there's a difference in the 2023 hatch though.

· Registered
'22 Outback Touring
8 Posts
Do they light up when you open the door? That's one of my pet peeves. Trying to find the unlock button in the dark to let my partner in the car.
Don't think they do until you get in and turn on the accessory power.
I find this annoying too. I'm wondering whether the lighting circuit in the switch assembly can also be powered from the courtesy/puddle light at the bottom of the door. Similar with the rear hatch button on the lower dash, when you turn the ignition off the light in that goes out too. When spring arrives I'm planning on seeing what I can improvise.

· Premium Member
2023 Outback Onyx XT
4,002 Posts
One option some of us used is this. Not sure if there's a difference in the 2023 hatch though.
'23 comes with this light, although once again, it's not too bright.

Hood Wood Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Flooring

· Premium Member
2023 Outback Onyx XT
4,002 Posts

· Registered
'23 Outback XT Limited
48 Posts
Yean need to figure out the wiring and what lights to use.
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. The light is decently bright but is easily blocked by your body while taking things out of the back. I'd like to wire in a 2nd light that's mounted closer to the top. Maybe even 2 and move them out to the sides so there's always at least 1 or 2 that aren't being blocked. It looks like the whole LED module with the switch pops out somehow so it would probably be pretty easy to wire some additional LEDs to it.

· Premium Member
2023 Outback Onyx XT
4,002 Posts
I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. The light is decently bright but is easily blocked by your body while taking things out of the back. I'd like to wire in a 2nd light that's mounted closer to the top. Maybe even 2 and move them out to the sides so there's always at least 1 or 2 that aren't being blocked. It looks like the whole LED module with the switch pops out somehow so it would probably be pretty easy to wire some additional LEDs to it.
I'm thinking of truck bed lights like these wired to the cigarette lighter adapter at the back through a splitter:

· Registered
2023 Outback Touring XT
14 Posts
That looks great!
I plan on removing the AWD and “Touring” Badges from my 2021 Outback soon. May leave the Subaru and Outback on, but as someone else here mentioned, I hate that wax catches in those darned letters. The Touring badge is crazy cheap looking.
Also the back end of the Outback looks like a darned bulletin board. Four different badges is just nuts. Really over the top for my taste.
And I may be 60 but I ain’t blind - I want my car to look nice.
We have a new ‘23 XT touring and the back is too busy. I hate the cheesy Touring badge the most and I’m tempted to remove it. Anyone removed the touring badge? Ps..my ‘17 didn't have it but the 3.6R badge is a keeper. My son has it.

· Registered
'23 Outback XT Limited
48 Posts
We have a new ‘23 XT touring and the back is too busy. I hate the cheesy Touring badge the most and I’m tempted to remove it. Anyone removed the touring badge? Ps..my ‘17 didn't have it but the 3.6R badge is a keeper. My son has it.
I don't have a touring but I have a limited and I agree there are too many badges back there with 2 on each side. I removed all but the XT badge. Looks much better now. They come off pretty easily with a heat gun (very low heat setting) and some fishing line.

· Premium Member
77 Posts
I have a '22, but I took all of mine off.
Vehicle registration plate Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
99 Posts
2020, I removed all rear badges the day I brought it home. Hair dryer, dental floss and goo-gone.

· Registered
4 Posts
I don't have a touring but I have a limited and I agree there are too many badges back there with 2 on each side. I removed all but the XT badge. Looks much better now. They come off pretty easily with a heat gun (very low heat setting) and some fishing line.
That sounds like the way to go. Any chance you can please post a pic of the back with just the XT badge remaining?

Thanks,
Al

· Registered
'23 Outback XT Limited
48 Posts
That sounds like the way to go. Any chance you can please post a pic of the back with just the XT badge remaining?

Thanks,
Al
Wish I could but I don't have any pictures on my phone and my car is at the dealer waiting for a new transmission 😥. If it gets it back soon I'll try to remember to take a picture.

Maybe I should debadge the loaner and take pictures of that 😁

· Registered
157 Posts
First oil change for the Gen6. 1,006 miles. How much darker is this than new Idemitsu oil out of the bottle? I know they have a high moly content, otherwise I use other brands. Oil was dumped in a plexiglass container and used a LED flashlight; nothing scientific here. Gave me an opportunity to check for leaks and I'm glad I saw none. :)

Automotive lighting Paint Finger Bumper Automotive parking light

11241 - 11260 of 11551 Posts