Subaru Outback Forums banner
11361 - 11380 of 11448 Posts

· Registered
2022 Outback Wilderness
164 Posts
You really have to overcome the impulse to over tighten a fitting with a rubber seal. More likely to leak and as seen here difficult to remove later, once you get to the point of metal-on-metal contact.
Yea, we need to get that message to the dealers. One of many reasons why I service my own cars at home if I can.

· Premium Member
2020 Onyx
390 Posts
got my Mickey Thomson Baja Boss AT's installed, having driven the stock wilderness tires for 2 years these are super chunky and barely any noisier, better choice than nitto grappler. 245/65/17

Attachments

· Premium Member
2023 Outback Onyx XT
4,013 Posts
I noticed on the 2023MY even the rear seat belts have the chime enabled and are quite annoying. I welcome this change as my rear seat passengers quickly got into the habit of buckling up without me having to prod them to put their seatbelts on.

· Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
683 Posts
They can keep the costs down by going with the temporary spare on some models, and most buyers won't know (or care).
There are many manufacturers that have moved to including an "inflation kit" instead of a temporary. While I agree with wanting a full size spare (and have installed one in my Outback), getting a temp tire is better than much of the market.

· Registered
58 Posts
Did a drill free to install my Auxbeam 8-switch and grimmspeed low profile ditch brackets on my OBW

View attachment 558261
View attachment 558262
View attachment 558263

View attachment 558264 View attachment 558265

Briefly installed the grimmspeed battery holder but went back to using the OEM one as I think it's better build/looking than the grimmspeed.

View attachment 558266
The light switch installed with the vent - that is a great idea! Also the ditch bracket look made very well atleast with their powder coating. Which ditch lights did you go with?

· Registered
V4 CYL 2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey
804 Posts

· Registered
2020 Onyx XT Autumn Metallic Green 3/13/20
64 Posts
Cute puppy. How do you find the distance assist on Long Island. I commute every day on the LIE and turned that thing off the first day I got it.
I will state that I love the adaptive cruise control and use it all the time. That being said, I am not on the LIE very often and do not have to do a regular commute. I leave the following distance set at max. That leaves a large enough space that other vehicles will sometimes drop in, which can be annoying, but as I age I am finally mellowing out somewhat.
Thanks on the dog. It's been about 11 years since we had a puppy and I have a lot to remember/relearn. They do have sharp teeth.

11361 - 11380 of 11448 Posts