Subaru Outback Forums banner
11381 - 11400 of 11448 Posts

· Registered
2022 Onyx XT Abyss blue pearl
506 Posts
My in-laws were from the north shore, LI. They are gone now. I remember my father-in-law saying no one signals because other drivers will close up the gaps!

· Registered
2021 Onyx XT
398 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Cute puppy. How do you find the distance assist on Long Island. I commute every day on the LIE and turned that thing off the first day I got it.
I'm at NJ and drive regularly on RT17 and Garden State parkway, traffic is very comparable to LIE in my experience. Typically I set the distance to short and adaptive cruise to aggressive, at first it felt a little bit unnerving but eventually learned to trust the Eyesight, so far no issues. They should have made that combination a dedicated setting called NY/NJ mode!

· Registered
2022 Outback Premium
344 Posts
Took a chance on this thinking it probably wouldn't work with Eyesight. Low and behold, it does. Took it out for spin yesterday and all went well. Even used ACC for some time on the highway, no issues. It like it. I've got the hatch glass & rear quarter glass tinted 5% limo, so this mirror helps me "see" out better. Plus, I can see the grand-baby better when she's in the back seat!

· Registered
V4 CYL 2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey
804 Posts
Ordered a new tire today. Last night hit a pothole and got jerked into a curb (tiny shoulder, just inches). Tire ripped on sidewall. Sigh.

A few weeks ago while cross switching the tires, I tried fitting one in and with 32 pounds in it, barely fit into the well. And there is no foam to remove or anything. Its too curved to fit a regular tire, even if I let the air out down to 20 pounds I don't think it would fit. I have a '20 Premium.

· Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
683 Posts
Ordered a new tire today. Last night hit a pothole and got jerked into a curb (tiny shoulder, just inches). Tire ripped on sidewall. Sigh.

A few weeks ago while cross switching the tires, I tried fitting one in and with 32 pounds in it, barely fit into the well. And there is no foam to remove or anything. Its too curved to fit a regular tire, even if I let the air out down to 20 pounds I don't think it would fit. I have a '20 Premium.
Stock tire and wheel? It should fit.

I put a full size spare in stock 17" size with Falken Wildpeak AT Trail in my spare tire well (and several others have as well). Wilderness has a full size spare in this size. Onyx has a full size spare on 18" wheel.

· Registered
V4 CYL 2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey
804 Posts
Stock tire and wheel? It should fit.

I put a full size spare in stock 17" size with Falken Wildpeak AT Trail in my spare tire well (and several others have as well). Wilderness has a full size spare in this size. Onyx has a full size spare on 18" wheel.
Stock wheel 17", Wildpeak AT Trail. But I have the Premium which is 1 above the Base model.

· Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
683 Posts
Stock wheel 17", Wildpeak AT Trail. But I have the Premium which is 1 above the Base model.
Is the AT Trail stock size? If it is it should fit. Noting that you would need to get the 17" foam insert for tools/jack. The space saver tool holder is not compatible with the full size spare.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tread

· Premium Member
144 Posts
I picked up my OBW with a brand new windshield. No more meandering crack. Yeah! My OBW only has 6,00 miles. It would be easy to complain about Subaru's thin glass but I will refrain and just say cracked windshields seem to happen in the Houston area often so it is hard to blame Subaru. I am sure this wont be my last replacement windshield on any of my vehicles of any brand. I did find it interesting that my local Subaru dealer replaced the windshield at a little more than half the cost of Safelite. This included recalibration of the EyeSight.

11381 - 11400 of 11448 Posts