Subaru Outback Forums banner

1161 - 1180 of 1318 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,043 Posts
If you have a pre Nov 19' built Limited or Touring, that is the "cure".
Anyone remember where the documentation was on this? I got my car in November (special order) so I am guessing mine is the "pre". I do get flashed occasionally. I am not sure I care anymore though. If its just that they are bright, then it is what it is, but if there is an actual mistake, it makes me a bit more interested. I don't have a good setup here where I can test it myself (no level ground where I can have the lights shining on something in front of the car.)

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
999 Posts
Anyone remember where the documentation was on this? I got my car in November (special order) so I am guessing mine is the "pre". I do get flashed occasionally. I am not sure I care anymore though. If its just that they are bright, then it is what it is, but if there is an actual mistake, it makes me a bit more interested. I don't have a good setup here where I can test it myself (no level ground where I can have the lights shining on something in front of the car.)
There is a LONG thread here ( search: headlight dealer won't fix) that covers how to determine if it applies and how to fix if it does.. In summary though.
  • If you bought your Touring in Nov, chances are it's build date falls into the "pre-fixed" range. ( The fact that your getting flashed is a good indicator too) Build date is on the sticker in the drivers door well.
  • You don't need to measure anything as your just trying to achieve desired results vs matching factory specs . ( I was getting flashed at factory spec because it's a leveler issue vs headlight issue.)
  • Get a 8" screwdriver and flashlight and just start lowering your lights equally a 1/4-1/2 turn at a time until flashing goes away. Takes all of 3 min once you know how to do it. It really is a simple and fast fix.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
66 Posts
I believe it was in a service manual, not one of the manuals included with our cars. I'm 99% positive that the spec is 34" from a distance of 10ft, as seen in several postings and also verified with my 1/20 build.

The issue for me was that I wasn't only getting flashed occasionally. I'm talking on a 15 minute drive through town, I'd get flashed 7 or 8 times and even flipped off by people in front of me. It was constant flashing every single time I drove at night. Now at 33" for the past month, I haven't been flashed a single time.

I can still see that they briefly flash into people's eyes when hitting bumps or crests, but people won't flash you then because most understand that's pretty much the case with all new cars now. I think the people who were flashing me had my lights so high up in their eyes that they really believed that I left my brights on. I'm talking they were so high that there were several instances where I was following behind someone and my headlights were fully lighting up their rearview mirror. I think that's too high.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Added the door edge guards (crystal white), window deflectors (what a difference when it rains!), blacked out badges on back, plate frames, and added Onyx wheels bought from member here, tow hitch, wireless charger, door guards and K9 seat protector for rear seat area. Now selling my brand new Limited wheels for 700 w tires. Only 251 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a complete set (4) of brand new Limited wheels and tires (251 miles on them) for sale as a set OR as a single Full Size Spare for a Limited or premium etc. PM me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey 4 cyl
226 Posts
I have a complete set (4) of brand new Limited wheels and tires (251 miles on them) for sale as a set OR as a single Full Size Spare for a Limited or premium etc. PM me. Thanks.
Can the 2020 fit a full size spare? The 2018 could not.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Went to our local restaurant to pick up carry out since Indiana has closed all restaurants. We wanted to be sure they still had business even though we normally do not eat lunch out during the work day.
Nice! Doing the same here and leaving a 20-30% tip to help out. Paying online when I can, Besides, it's good to go for a drive every day.

·
Registered
206 Posts
(edit, sorry I always try to format the pics more compact, but they dont end up posting that way)

I had a friend going in Mammoth for the weekend - as a storm was hitting (Its been crap since December there). I decided to go up Saturday to board Sun and Mon. Well aware of how crazy things are getting, knew anything was possible. I got up there Saturday about 4PM, got my hotel and met my friend there. Not an hour later, the company that runs the ski resort (and about 15 others in the country announced a complete shut down of all resorts till further notice). haha DOH!
So we spent the night and just did some exploring Sunday among the many off road hot springs east of there in the caldera near by and then I drove back home. So empty and quiet out there in the high desert. Got to take her on some pretty rough roads. Only hit the engine guard once. lol
Whats nice is its so isolated up there from large populations it was easy to stay away from people, other than doing grocery shopping at the store in Mammoth - which was plenty stocked compared to whats happening in LA. It was a nice trip, however short. Some snow fell while I was there but most of the storm swept by more north to Lake Tahoe and Reno. For those that know the 395 and Mammoth - the Eastern Sierra up there was seriously lacking snow - even the storm barely hit mammoth and nothing past it east or south. That town has already had a tough season since December, now its shutting down completely. Like everywhere else, of course. But the lack of snow was shocking this time of year.

View attachment 480789 View attachment 480790

View attachment 480793 View attachment 480792
View attachment 480794 View attachment 480795

View attachment 480796 View attachment 480798

(almost 360 degree panorama - whole lot of open land. I know some of you live in such open rural places, but I live in LA, so this is a very nice change of scenery. )
View attachment 480800
Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah that is really starting to wear on me. Plus the wife is glued to it. Just need to get out and away from it all.
Our wives must be sisters. Mine has 3 TV's on all the time (at both ends of the house.
Took delivery of my January order and drove it the 180 miles home.
Nice, welcome to the club! Hopefuly they threw in some hand sanitizer after teaching you the secret handshake! 🤪

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT White
135 Posts
Curious as to dealer protocol these days with respect to sanitizing cars before returning to customer. I have a major service scheduled for my Audi next Saturday. The dealer has not sent out any protocol as to what they do. Will be calling Monday to find out. Interesting times to put it mildly.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
517 Posts
Went to Costco after picking up our club's library for auctioning off. Line outside 6 foot apart and list of items out of stock was long (besides cleaners and tp, fresh chicken, 1% milk, ground beef, etc.) Handing out gloves and wipes as you come in the store. Most main foods had limits of 1 or 2. I guess I missed it being 1 on the bacon, had 2, and during checkout you'd think I'd stolen someone's purse from the reaction.

1161 - 1180 of 1318 Posts