Subaru Outback Forums banner

1661 - 1680 of 1841 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,346 Posts
Finally ordered RockBlokz flaps. Should be here today.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
130 Posts
Had the replacement visors and hitch cut out fixed. Luckily my local dealer and Grand worked out parts and tech labor. Now I have an extra silver rear lower piece since I purchased and had the black installed. Think it looks 100% better.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
137 Posts
Had the replacement visors and hitch cut out fixed. Luckily my local dealer and Grand worked out parts and tech labor. Now I have an extra silver rear lower piece since I purchased and had the black installed. Think it looks 100% better.
Replacement visors? What was wrong with the old ones?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited 2.5
40 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,346 Posts
Here's the description:

and here's the pictures:

Reactions: Silent Running

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,346 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
290 Posts
The 2 coats of TW Hybrid Ceramic Spray in January still performing really well, as far as shine and hydrophobic. Did a CG Honeydew Snow Foam in the cannon, then an Ice two-bucket wash, CarPro Hydro2 on the right side wheels, Gyeon Wet Coat on the left side wheels (as a test; they were both good, but seem equal) Adams Air Cannon to dry (it was cloudy today) and then finished off with Beadmaker (first-time use). Installing the Nameless Strut Tower Brace tomorrow and oil change to Motul 8100 X-clean EFE 5W-30 to baby the turbo a bit.

·
Premium Member
2020 Touring XT
290 Posts
Yikes, the Nameless Strut Tower Brace. I really did not know what to expect but I thought if it could give me some improvement in handling it would be worth it. As soon as I drove away from the install, the steering was noticeably stiffened, delivering a much more surefooted feel and an unexpected upgrade in steering precision. It feels far more solid on straightaways and took out the squishy body lean on corners. There is a road I take which has a 40 mile-per-hour curve, and the surface is somewhat crowned. I used that as a baseline handling example, since the body lean and handling were especially noticeable on that stretch. After the install, the Outback felt almost pinpoint-accurate on handling, and most of the body lean is now gone.

The install is very tight, especially at the firewall so I had a buddy at a local Subaru pro shop do the install which took them only about 15 minutes. Like I said I had no expectations but if I had them going in, they would have been exceeded. Now I want to go with the Nameless exhaust- impressed by their quality and engineering. (It looks like most people get the red Strut Tower brace; I got black because I thought maybe more horsepower boost.)

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Yikes, the Nameless Strut Tower Brace.
Thanks for showing photos and giving driving impressions. Nameless's strut tower brace's distinctive mounting method seems to be a design breakthrough and makes perfect sense. This is not like any other strut tower brace. The use of conical cups and conical nuts is key.

Why is it the best? How is it different from other “strut tower bars”?
We start with a unique CNC machined conical cup at each of the mounting points of the brace, connected to a stitch welded twin tube design with optimal routing through the factory under hood components. We then use CNC machined T301 Stainless Steel conical nuts to mount the conical cups to the strut top studs. As they are tightened down, they center the strut brace perfectly on the factory studs and achieve a ZERO deflection mounting solution.
I was considering these strut tower braces but one other member had fitment issues, and with Subaru claiming super chassis rigidity, like you I wondered if a brace would make any difference, i.e. is there enough flex to need additional bracing? Thanks for sharing your experience of noticeably improved steering response. I had attributed the sloppiness of the steering to the tall and soft sidewalls on the tires. Very tempted to get those bars now.

1661 - 1680 of 1841 Posts