Subaru Outback Forums banner

1721 - 1740 of 1979 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
741 Posts
I keep wanting pictures of your awning setup. I may have missed them earlier?
I posted some mounted back of car but not set up. I was fighting the poles but it appears leaving it set up stretched it some. If weather is good this weekend, I'll try to set it up then and post. I may have switched it to side of car by then though. Still concerned about scratching the top of rear door on zipper.

Plus the gas mileage with it at rear was awful. The dome being at side will still be nice for headroom on our low roof vehicle.

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT Autumn Metallic Green 3/13/20
27 Posts
No sure if it was an install or parts issue but both the front OEM visors started peeling from the door. They replaced all 4 and the fit is much better.
View attachment 485633
Having same problem. Also lifting at rear. Showed up almost immediately after installation. Need to contact dealer and see how they will handle.

·
Premium Member
2020 Limited XT Autumn Green Metallic/Warm Ivory, Falken WIldpeak A/T Trail, OEM Skid Plates etc
292 Posts
While the rest of the MTNROO-AZ group went on a trail run with known Anna expected desert pinstripes... With only 2100 miles I sat that out... But to get into the area, sadly I got these.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,576 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am afraid I will have to get XPEL film on the side as I do travel a bit in the brush.
We were quoted $2000US for XPEL front, hood, roof pillars, mirrors and fulll sides but decided not to go ahead. May get the just the sides done now that we are accumulating pin stripes.

Installed Rokblokz last night....took and hour

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
139 Posts
I am afraid I will have to get XPEL film on the side as I do travel a bit in the brush.
migh
Having same problem. Also lifting at rear. Showed up almost immediately after installation. Need to contact dealer and see how they will handle.
Mine was a warranty replacement but they caused some A pillar damage when uninstalling the driver front. Had to have PPF film reinstalled and touch up paint as they chipped the paint. 😡

Request a master tech do the swap as if they don’t use the right tools it could end not being worth it.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
139 Posts
We were quoted $2000US for XPEL front, hood, roof pillars, mirrors and fulll sides but decided not to go ahead. May get the just the sides done now that we are accumulating pin stripes.
That price is a bit high. Shop around as I had the entire front clip done for $1600. Sides would be a custom cut but appears it might me totally worth it. Sorry for anyone that does what you should do with an OB.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,576 Posts
That price is a bit high. Shop around as I had the entire front clip done for $1600. Sides would be a custom cut but appears it might me totally worth it. Sorry for anyone that does what you should do with an OB.
Mine was $1200 for full front including mirrors and A pillars and fenders.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,576 Posts
Just curious full hood and fenders or bikini? $1200 is a great price hoping they did necessary paint prep.
Well, the car was less than a couple of days old so it did not need much prep work. They did the front above the bumper, full hood, A-pillars, side mirrors and fenders. It was going to be about $300 for the rear hatch but I declined it.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
503 Posts
Keep us posted on delivery time. I ordered yesterday and they put me in a "fabrication que". I'm hoping that sounds worse than it is...
Mine shipped the day after I ordered it last week. It's currently in CT and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It was supposed to get here today but something at fedex held it up. Did you get black or red?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,616 Posts
Mine shipped the day after I ordered it last week. It's currently in CT and scheduled for delivery tomorrow. It was supposed to get here today but something at fedex held it up. Did you get black or red?
Thanks, guess I waited a day or so too long. I ordered black. Maybe that was the problem. They said they 'were slammed".

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
98 Posts
I also had the same problem, front and rear. The actual adhesive strip was still stuck to the car, and the visor had peeled away from it. I just used some E6000 to glue it back down onto the adhesive strip.

·
Registered
2020 outback onyx xt
26 Posts
I took mine to the dealer for its first oil change and tire rotation. While I was there I got some touchup paint so I can try and fix the deep chunk some ahole left me.😡😡😡

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT, Abyss Blue Pearl (Mine) PP 2 , 2017 Ice Silver Outback Limited (Wife's)
91 Posts
1721 - 1740 of 1979 Posts