Subaru Outback Forums banner

1861 - 1879 of 1879 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,436 Posts
First ding! Apparantly the doors open a little wider than my 14 did. Small garage. My 5 year old opened door into cement block wall. Chipped paint on edge of rear door. I am impressed I was able to keep anger under wraps and teach rather than fly off the handle, lol.

I ordered a paint pen and clearcoat pen. We'll see how this works.

Also, going forward, let kids out in driveway, THEN pull into garage. ;)
This is exactly why the door edge guards are a must for me. Touch up the paint and get the door edge guards and put them on yourself.

Reactions: RocketMan20

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I drove the car and checked the torque on my nameless strut brace again and the passenger front nut needed a 1/8 turn to reach torque but the other 3 held. I'm thinking that the use of conical lug nuts on the strut bars are a brilliant idea, but that lug nuts normally get used with much higher torque and I wonder if the chrome plated finish on the lug nuts make it slightly too easy for them to loosen with vibration.

If you have a nameless strut brace that uses lug nuts to secure them, please check the torque and let us know if yours remained secure. I might end up using thread locker if they keep loosening.

·
Registered
2020 Limted XT Black/Ivory
438 Posts
I drove the car and checked the torque on my nameless strut brace again and the passenger front nut needed a 1/8 turn to reach torque but the other 3 held. I'm thinking that the use of conical lug nuts on the strut bars are a brilliant idea, but that lug nuts normally get used with much higher torque and I wonder if the chrome plated finish on the lug nuts make it slightly too easy for them to loosen with vibration.

If you have a nameless strut brace that uses lug nuts to secure them, please check the torque and let us know if yours remained secure. I might end up using thread locker if they keep loosening.
Mine stayed tight. I’ve checked them twice.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,434 Posts

On mine, the passenger side stayed at 15# the drivers side ended up taking another 1/8 turn on both ( front and back) nuts to get back to that number a couple of days of driving later. ( The drivers side was the side that went on last /with trouble for me.) My guess is that this is due to the bar stretching under stress a little. I doubt it moves again but I will check them all at the next oil change. If they lossen at all, they will see some blue loctite.

BTW, they sent me a survey and I posted a link to this thread togive them some insight on how they went on and how we liked them. I also suggested they redesign the nut to a smaller diamiter and/or with some means of wrenching it from the tip in order to make for easier starting.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
This is exactly why the door edge guards are a must for me. Touch up the paint and get the door edge guards and put them on yourself.
Yes, that. If you have a5 yr old AND a narrow garage, this isn't going to be the last time it happens. FWIW, I remember the salesperson telling me that the doors on the 2020 opened up another 5 deg over last years model. I can remember thinking that it was a nice feature for getting less mobile family members in and out.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I ended up ordering a Photodon MXH screen protector for the car. I got sick of the smudges and glare. It’s especially bad in the morning when backing out of my driveway since the sun shines directly on the screen. I’ll update once it’s on.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I ended up ordering a Photodon MXH screen protector for the car. I got sick of the smudges and glare. It’s especially bad in the morning when backing out of my driveway since the sun shines directly on the screen. I’ll update once it’s on.
I do like the coverage of this brand vs some others that only cover the center screen. I have the 9oh model coming as well. It wasn't cheap though!

·
Registered
438 Posts
I do like the coverage of this brand vs some others that only cover the center screen. I have the 9oh model coming as well. It wasn't cheap though!
That’s for sure. But they also have the biggest selection of materials.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Pre-ordered auto-stop eliminator.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,436 Posts
Reactions: PORBOY

·
Registered
Crystal White Pearl 2020 Onyx Edition Xt
43 Posts
Had my hitch installed at the dealer today! I had a coupon from SOA to use up so I couldn’t beat the price! I think they did a good job😎
73866A69-1DB3-44E8-9AC4-B00FC078FD15.jpeg

·
Registered
2020 Onyx XT
897 Posts
Yesterday: It took it's 1st serious fishing trip!

Note: the hesitation at low speeds that was there when driving it home. It's completely 100% gone and nice and smooth now. Chalking it up to cvt having to learn, and it did it in under a week and around 1000 miles.

1861 - 1879 of 1879 Posts