Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,410 Posts
I will start!

We washed and waxed it.

Plan to use some back to black on the trim at the back.

It's looking a little grey.
update on Bender the puppy who is in that pic?

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,977 Posts
The Moscot looks ready to go. It looks like the little guy is flexing...

(I haven't ever waxed a car in my adult life, but I have been known to wipe down the undercarriage with a fine chamois)

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
I walked a boisterous early-2000s Dodge Ram V8 from a dead stop. Was rather amusing to reel him in with a "4 Banger"
You have a snail under the hood tho don't you? You should be smoking that slug of truck with your boosted trucklet. Ok you should be capable. I am not advocating whether or not you should racing other trucks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Indeed I do! But I was still surprised to put away a V8, especially given how aggressively he was driving around before our fateful lineup at the light. I let off after I was about 2 car lengths on him and let him fly by. He lined up at the next light again for a rematch, but it would've been through a residential area right in front of a Police station, so I wasn't keen on a rematch and let him go. He seemed to have more cylinders than brain cells.

But yeah, pleasantly surprised with the power from my Turbo Baja!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Today my engine temperature jumped up so I pulled over before it got in the red. Things appeared fine and the temperature backed down again. Inspected again when things were cool and my coolant level is low. Also noticed the top of the radiator has some fresh coolant that may be seeping out. I imagine my radiator is on it's way out. Yay! Time to order parts again!

·
Master Caster
15,977 Posts
Today my engine temperature jumped up so I pulled over before it got in the red. Things appeared fine and the temperature backed down again. Inspected again when things were cool and my coolant level is low. Also noticed the top of the radiator has some fresh coolant that may be seeping out. I imagine my radiator is on it's way out. Yay! Time to order parts again!
Well she is a turbo and all. Everyone makes fun of us XT owners because the cars are always being worked on and we are always broke.

I added smart coolant gauges, with actual numbers to both of my turbos. It's just peace of mind. That faceless wonder Subaru gave us for a gauge is joke. At least we got one. In 2010 that gauge went away completely and they got a "oh sh*t your motor has melted" warning light.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well she is a turbo and all. Everyone makes fun of us XT owners because the cars are always being worked on and we are always broke.

I added smart coolant gauges, with actual numbers to both of my turbos. It's just peace of mind. That faceless wonder Subaru gave us for a gauge is joke. At least we got one. In 2010 that gauge went away completely and they got a "oh sh*t your motor has melted" warning light.
At least this cooling issue is more of a "well the Radiator went bad" instead of trying to track down some ghost in the machine. Replacing a Radiator is relatively simple and it still runs fine now. Just gotta keep an eye on it until the parts come in next week.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did things Outbacks can't do.

Moved some furniture to my parent's house. This was the largest piece we had to transport. No problem for my Baja!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts