Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2011, Outback limited 3.6H
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post here. I'm looking at buying my first Subaru and really like the 2011 3.6R Outback Limited w/nav.

The dealer I'm working with isn't moving much below MSRP and I wonder if that is normal for this car.

·
Registered
07 OBW 2.5i Limited, 02 Audi A6 3.0 Avant Quattro
981 Posts
2010 Subaru Outback 4 dr wagon 3.6R Ltd Pwr Moon/Navigation
MSRP $34,685.00
Cosider the lowest deal is at $32,138

Email ALL your local dealers ... I think one of them will deal... invoice $32,538, dealer cost $31,518 ... info from www.truecar.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
It really depends on where you live. My local dealer will not sell much below MSRP, the next state over is at invoice or a little above and two states away in the other direction is about 90% of MSRP (about $1000 or 3% below invoice).

Unless you have some sort of special pricing, the best prices I found in the West find seem to be at Hueberger in Colorado Springs which sells basically at "dealer cost." Of course transport costs make buying from them cost effective for only a few neighboring states.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R Azurite Blue Pearl w/Nav & Moonroof
43 Posts
Sadly, and as Edumnds.com points out, it is largely dependent on how they are selling. In central Virginia they are selling the same day they come off the trailer, so you have very little bargaining power on the price. We ended up paying full MSRP. However, the dealer gave us much more for our trade in so in the end we got a fair price (not great but fair). Remember that bargaining power on price depends on your walking away from the car - and them losing the sale. If there are two people lined up behind you for the same car, your power is greatly diminished. I recommend pushing them in other directions (like more for trade-in or free service) if they are not open to reducing price. Also places like Costco have car purchase programs, which are typically $1000 over invoice with no hassle, you might check into that as a possibility. Regardless, good luck in your negotiations.

·
Registered
2010 Outback Azurite Blue 3.6R Limited and 2001 Outback wagon 2.5
876 Posts
Hello,

First post here. I'm looking at buying my first Subaru and really like the 2011 3.6R Outback Limited w/nav.

The dealer I'm working with isn't moving much below MSRP and I wonder if that is normal for this car.
Subaru VIP Program (invoice minus 2%)

Check out these threads:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-2010-2011-subaru-outback/24374-need-buying-advice.html

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-2010-2011-subaru-outback/20135-imba-discount.html

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-2010-2011-subaru-outback/20268-anyone-pursue-costco-auto-program-purchase-new-outback.html

·
Registered
07 OBW 2.5i Limited, 02 Audi A6 3.0 Avant Quattro
981 Posts
Email dealers in neighboring states. Final the deal by flying one way (get everything ready in hand to avoid extra trip, + 1 day motel maybe) and drive the new car home with temp or your old car plate. Say bye to your local dealers.

Order your own Subaru in discount price : www.vanbortelsubaru.com

·
Registered
2011, Outback limited 3.6H
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the reply's, I picked up a 2011 Ruby red 3.6H limited w/moon roof and Nav.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I got my 2010 3.6 w/Nav, sunroof and a few other options for 33,018, at invoice.

My exact options:
navigation and power moonroof, Wheel arch moldings, splash guards, rear bumper cover, All weather floor mats, wheel lock kit, *auto dim mirror w/ compass, security system shock sensor and STI Metal pad set

-pete

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

Well mine is a bit newer ...BUT.... I traded a 2014 Ford F150 FX4 loaded up and only had 16,000 miles. I bought a new 2019 Limited 3.6R all decked out (no sunroof tho....I don't like them).
When the deal was done, not a penny was exchanged. No tax, fees, or charges. Even Steven (Well I should say I had to pay for plates....yes I did).
I love my Outback and it's significantly better in our MN snow-packed roads than my F150.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,236 Posts
nope, not buying the fact that an Outback is better than a 4WD F150.... having driven both, not even remotely so

·
Registered
10 Posts
nope, not buying the fact that an Outback is better than a 4WD F150.... having driven both, not even remotely so
For everyday driving in winter conditions YES it is. The F150 is better in super deep snow because of 4wd and higher clearance. I have had 6 F150's !! I know this.
BUT...the 4wd system is not supposed to be engaged on dry pavement. Think of the roads in a typical winter scenario....they get plowed. So some of the road is dry, some snow packed, and some in between with blowing snow maybe. Because of long stretches of dry pavement, the F150 cannot be in 4WD mode. But the Outback adapts on the fly.
That's why it's better. Realistic conditions are never 7" of deep snow...at least for long. Plows come out.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,236 Posts
^no its' not so please don't put the Subaru up on an unwarranted pedestal. I live somewhere that gets boatloads of snow and there are days I would gladly swap the 3.6R for a 4WD F150 truck with better ground clearance and drivability...

·
Registered
10 Posts
For everyday driving in winter conditions YES it is. The F150 is better in super deep snow because of 4wd and higher clearance. I have had 6 F150's !! I know this.
BUT...the 4wd system is not supposed to be engaged on dry pavement. Think of the roads in a typical winter scenario....they get plowed. So some of the road is dry, some snow packed, and some in between with blowing snow maybe. Because of long stretches of dry pavement, the F150 cannot be in 4WD mode. But the Outback adapts on the fly.
That's why it's better. Realistic conditions are never 7" of deep snow...at least for long. Plows come out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Maybe in no man's land but lots more folks live where plows work. I had six (count 'em 6) F150's over the years. Yeah they are terrific in deeeeep snow. But in real world ROAD driving, 6" of snow lasts only a few hours and then roads are plowed. Then you get a mix of situations that constantly changes , that a Subaru handles much better. I'm talking about daily driving here...not heading out to the back 40 in Montana. I absolutely loved my F150's but in hard pack it got squirrelly on the backside.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
968 Posts
Hmmmm, The last Ford 4x4 I had(2007) You could shift in and out of 4x4 high on the fly with the twist of a knob so your point is mute to me. Now if it was an old, get out lock and unlock the hubs with a transfer case shifter sticking out of the floor I would agree!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmmmm, The last Ford 4x4 I had(2007) You could shift in and out of 4x4 high on the fly with the twist of a knob so your point is mute to me. Now if it was an old, get out lock and unlock the hubs with a transfer case shifter sticking out of the floor I would agree!
Yep....so over a 2mile stretch where you may see all of the conditions I describe 4 or 5 times, you'll be turning that knob over and over and over again. You'll go crazy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts