Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what others are paying. Don't really see any threads about this yet. Here is what I have:

2010 Civic LX Sedan
2013 Outback Premium

$1150/ year with Collision and comprehensive ($250/$500 Deduct) 100k/300k Liability

Under 30s, male and female in the North East and home owners.

Want to see if I'm overpaying or not...

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I pay ~ $1800/yr

Full coverage, $500 coll, $250 comp deductible.

2006 Hyundai Elantra (No ABS, and all around not the safest in test ratings)
2011 Subaru Outback

I quoted replacing the '06 Hyundai with an '02 Forester and my rates went DOWN $100/yr

Parkersburg, WV - WV is horrible with tort reform and has higher rates because of it.

My driving record is dirty, but I haven't had a collision claim in 8 years. I get a "safe driver" discount through Geico because I've been with them for 5+ years with no collision claims.

I also have a multi line discount.

I think I am overpaying, but just haven't bothered calling around. I honestly don't know my driving record and when they ask how many speeding tickets I've had in the last 5 years, I truly don't know.

This is going to be a hard thing to compare though, because your rates will change depending on location. I lived across the river in Ohio, literally less than 10 miles away and my rates were lower.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
$1340/year on a 2004 Outback LL Bean

Comp and collision $500/500 deductible. 20 year old male with no driver's ed. Totally clean driving record, though. I don't think I can complain, since most people my age seem to pay significantly more.

...and, of course, I pay the year in full as soon as I get the bill. If you pay month-to-month, you'll pay significantly more over the course of a year. I think my insurance company charges $6/month extra to do that--so $72/year.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Geezer & SWMBO.

Near-infinite liability coverage
(PL, PD, UM, UIM, + umbrella)

$1000 deductible collision

$250 deductible comprehensive

Expen$ive location (Philly 'burbs)

Zero at-fault claims -- ever!

USAA -- since before baseball

$600/yr Soobie, $500/yr Miata

BTW, that's with multi-car/homeowners discounts.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Next year will be self insured and pay nothing.
Absolutely insane! ...unless you own absolutely nothing.

BTW, all US states have financial responsibility laws.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have to pay 120 a month ($1440 a year) on my 03 outback ll bean, with no collision/comprehensive and base coverage for liability, Personal Protection, and Uninsured motorist. Once i get a higher paying job I plan to get full coverage.

I have a clean driving record, but I'm only 19 and have been driving for barely a year so my premium is still really high.

I'm very jealous of some of the rates you guys are getting

·
Registered
572 Posts
$386/half for full coverage with $500 deductable Indiana farm bureau on our 2013 Subaru Outback Premium all weather pkg w/moonroof. Also have home with same company and my daily driver 150K mileage 1997 Nissan Altima with liab only so we get a multi policy discount

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I have to pay 120 a month ($1440 a year) on my 03 outback ll bean, with no collision/comprehensive and base coverage for liability, Personal Protection, and Uninsured motorist. Once i get a higher paying job I plan to get full coverage.

I have a clean driving record, but I'm only 19 and have been driving for barely a year so my premium is still really high.

I'm very jealous of some of the rates you guys are getting
No comp/collision must mean you own it outright, though...banks typically require that if you've got a lien on it. Not a bad accomplishment for 19 years old--it's not exactly a cheap beater car. I also bought my Outback at 19. Not a whole lot of young Outback owners.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
$750/yr
Full coverage
$1,000 ded
high liability limits

·
Registered
23 Posts
No comp/collision must mean you own it outright, though...banks typically require that if you've got a lien on it. Not a bad accomplishment for 19 years old--it's not exactly a cheap beater car. I also bought my Outback at 19. Not a whole lot of young Outback owners.
Yep, savings an a part time job. I don't like debt so i stuck with a beater car until i saved up and could get what I wanted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Philly surburbs - 2 drivers in their 40's - 2 cars.
2013 Outback Limited w/eyesight
2004 Mazda MPV
$500 collision ded - $50 comp ded
$101/month

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What is insane? You negotiate your insurance based on many factors. If you can put all your cars under a fleet umbrella, then the insurance price per car will be much lower. If you can certify with the state as self insured having $50K in the bank, then you'll pay nothing at all.
How do you "certify" with your state to self insure? Does that even work for every state?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Patience! I'd happily trade my rates for your life expectancy.

Looby
Yeah, I heard that. We (both retired) pay about $1200 a year on the cars in the sig., also a homeowner's discount involved.* A thread like this tends to be pretty much meaningless, so much depends on age, where you live, your driving record, blah, blah.

*The commercials on TV about "You may save SIX MILLION DOLLARS on your auto policy* Call us!" Well, that is all B.S. I called three or four, Allstate, Geico, and I forget the others. They all strangely came out not even $100 less than the policy we've had with Country Companies since forever. One was aghast when I told him there was no way I was going to experiment with them for those measly savings, given the stellar coverage we have and the service we've received over 40 years. I can talk to the same genuine living human being, who knows me, and will give me the information I need and the service I'm paying for, when who knows what I'm going to be dealing with elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
About this Discussion
51 Replies
30 Participants
KansasOutback
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing