Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 OB Lim, wife/2005 Chevy Tahoe LS 4x4, me
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 OB/Limited/2.5i/cvt-Moonroof package, Harmon Kardon audio.
6,000 miles (used, not demo)
$26,988.

How much wiggle room should be in this price?

I know that I can get a new Limited with moonroof package for $29,000.00 here in Texas.

Thanks for the tips, and I promise to stop asking so many juvenile questions (sooner or later)

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
That owner unloaded it for a reason, If you wanted a new one, why are you looking at a used one, he low balled that owner, for sure! There's way more mark up on a used car than a new one, you have to remember it's only a car, don't let him pressure you, you could wait for the 14's also.
June is a nice month for a new car, Last day of the month is a great day to buy also.It's it the color you can live with, does your wife like the color,did you drive it up any mountain roads with the A/C on to see if it has pick-up or it keeps shifting.

·
Registered
2012 Impreza Sport Ltd 2013 Outback Limited SAP
1,495 Posts
For the $2k difference between new and used, my advice is buy new. You really don't know why the original owner got rid of it after 6k miles - I would suspect that "something" happened and it is not reported to car-fax, etc. If you were to buy it, I'd bid no more than $24k for it - but that's me.

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
For the $2k difference between new and used, my advice is buy new. You really don't know why the original owner got rid of it after 6k miles - I would suspect that "something" happened and it is not reported to car-fax, etc. If you were to buy it, I'd bid no more than $24k for it - but that's me.
No way a new 2013 ob limited with moonroof and hk is selling for$26k. Someone I know paid $27800 for the same car back in 2010....

My guess this car today would go for $28k' possibly $29k
So, a $4k to $5k delta,..... plusnwhatever sales tax savings minus financing diff-if applicable

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
No way a new 2013 ob limited with moonroof and hk is selling for$26k. Someone I know paid $27800 for the same car back in 2010....

So, a $4 k to $5k delta,..... plusnwhatever sales tax savings minus financing diff-if applicable
!

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
Used models hold their value very well, as Subaru doesn't cheapen their brand with rebates.

Suggest you look for a new model and pay 8 - 10% more for the exact model you want.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Inherit is the "question" on my part about WHY the car was returned/traded in after only 6k miles and in the same model year. If this was 2014, then my opinion would differ.

If this car was a Oil Burner, and the engine was/was not replaced - could the new customer "see this"? Just used this case as an example. Now would you buy an Oil Burner at Market Price? - I wouldn't.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

So, a $4 k to $5k delta,..... plusnwhatever sales tax savings minus financing diff-if applicable
!
All limited come with HK, so nothing special there. I bought a "fully loaded" 2010 limited OB - minus the Nav for about $28.5; however, when I traded it in, I did not get near that amount.

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
All limited come with HK, so nothing special there. I bought a "fully loaded" 2010 limited OB - minus the Nav for about $28.5; however, when I traded it in, I did not get near that amount.
Exaxctly my point' no way a limited trim 2.5 new going for $2k over $24k

No sure if hk still std on limited in 2013 hence ......

·
Registered
2010 OB 3.6R limited
3,284 Posts
Inherit is the "question" on my part about WHY the car was returned/traded in after only 6k miles and in the same model year. If this was 2014, then my opinion would differ.

If this car was a Oil Burner, and the engine was/was not replaced - could the new customer "see this"? Just used this case as an example. Now would you buy an Oil Burner at Market Price? - I wouldn't.
Oil burner is that any reason you believe that car is a oil burner or you just throw that in base on nothing but just a guess..... people traded their cars in for all sort of reasons....
If Op are concern abt oil burner, bring /pay a mechanic to check it out.....
$5k off for a 6months old, 6000 miles car(if dealer willing to sell it at that price)is definitive worth taking/investing the time and effort for a second look....

Make bettter sense than just walking away without reason other that some wild guess
The car may(or may not) burn oil....imho of course

·
Registered
2013 OB Lim, wife/2005 Chevy Tahoe LS 4x4, me
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update: I bought a new 2013. The used was a loaner car (come to find out). Smelled funny, and had been repaired from hail damage. Abran Alvarado at Subaru of Plano was my salesman. I was very happy on my trade, and the ob was priced fair. No stinking games there.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Congrats. I think that the new -v- loaner is the better choice. Also the hail damage would have significantly reduced the value of the car if it was totaled.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts