Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just wondering what is everyone's idea on things that could make the Outback better? Even though the new generation of Outback has just been released, I am sure everyone would like to see things improved or added to the car's list of features. Maybe Subaru will listen and improve the next version with the suggestions?

I would like to see the next Outback with:

1. Bi-xenon light
2. Better door handles, something like the alfas
3. Dual climate - in Australia
4. Trade 5kw for more torque down - only 5!:D
5. Better transmission software.
6. Auto-dimming rear view mirrors

·
Registered
61 Posts
Heated steering wheel (like Audi)
Heated windshield washer spray nozzles
Illuminated cruise control joystick
Illuminated (all buttons) for the power windows
Window frame on the doors
Tinted windows option (like every SUV) for all windows except front doors and windshield, of course.

Thats about it!

·
I need a fog horn, ,
213 Posts
I second the missle launcher!

maybe a cow catcher or a monster crash bar.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I would like:

1. better acceleration from standstill. I don't think the motor lacks low down torque, I suspect the engine or transmission management software is restricting it for some reason. It goes like a scalded cat once the ECU frees the motor to do it's job. Have tried turning off VDC - same performance from standstill. Would be very interesting to try the H6 with a manual tranny.

2. To get the Japanese NAV/TV/Vehichle status display here

3. Armrests attached to the front seats that are height adjustable and can swing up out of the way

4. Do away with the front tilt up part of the sunroof, all this does is create HEAPS of noise when driving anything over 30MPH. In my experience it's best not to have any sort of wind shielding on the sunroof, just have the opening.

5. I second the bi-xenon's, not that the standard lights are bad tho

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:9:

:11:

well.. the missle launchers could be handy for those ppl who block the inside lanes.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
loopy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing