On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,318 Posts
plain H4,...H6, or turbo H4?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been told group 24 and 34 as well.. I think I have to measure and see what will fit. There is no room for anything larger than what is in there now. And there isn't a group number on the currant battery, that would just make it too easy.

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,605 Posts
I've been told group 24 and 34 as well.. I think I have to measure and see what will fit. There is no room for anything larger than what is in there now. And there isn't a group number on the currant battery, that would just make it too easy.
You’ve been told by whom? Look it up yourself? I can almost guarantee you it’ll be a group 35. They will likely list 490cc amps for all engines as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I googled it the 1st choice that came up was a 24 with 550cca. The battery in the car now is 550cca but there is no group number on it.
Then I read that 34 will also fit.

The parts store I went to listed a 35. At that point I said something is wrong here I need to find out for sure what battery I need.

I looked in my owners manual but it doesn't give a group number, it's more like a part number.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,307 Posts
If you got anything other than a 35, your google fu was lacking.

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
874 Posts
Not group 24. 24F. 24 F has reverse post mounts. 24F has same height and width as group 35, it is about 2 inches longer. Group 24F will not fit in a Subaru. Forget about a group 34, that is a massive, (mostly Mopar), application battery. All Subarus take group 35. If you require more power in the reserve capacity specification, get an AGM battery. More cranking power is irrelevant on our easy to crank cars.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i
277 Posts
Yup...Group 35. I recently put a Group 35 Optima Yellow Top in my '09 OBW 2.5i. Fits perfectly...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts