Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Touring Outback 3.6. It has a few nav and audio bugs but not as bad as a few owners have posted. What is the most recent software update version. I have 2.17.22.30. When I check for updates it very quickly says I’m up to date.

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT 5MT
18 Posts
The newest I’ve seen reported is 2.17.43.20 but as of now it’s only available through the dealer and not the WiFi update function. Some people have said their dealer wouldn’t upgrade for them without indications of improper functioning. We’re having some trouble on the same version as you but have yet to take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Limited
108 Posts
The newest I’ve seen reported is 2.17.43.20 but as of now it’s only available through the dealer and not the WiFi update function. Some people have said their dealer wouldn’t upgrade for them without indications of improper functioning.....
If that's the case, what's the point of having an updated SW and the ability to download and install via wi-fi?

Tesla updates FW over the air all the time...

·
Registered
2009 Outback XT 5MT
18 Posts
If that's the case, what's the point of having an updated SW and the ability to download and install via wi-fi?

Tesla updates FW over the air all the time...

Seems like it’s just a clash of old and new I’d guess in different parts of the company. From working in software myself it seems like the classic dilemma between product/sales and engineering/operations. I’d seen it suggested on here the update or a subsequent one would be released over WiFi following more testing and that at least seems likely to me. I’d love for them to be more proactive with frequent updates and feedback etc but I guess they’re not there yet. It would be cool to be able to opt in for say beta updates on the Subaru owner portal or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts