Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 Carbide Gray
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHo makes the Navigation system?

Do you need a subscription or is it free?

WHat is the feedback on this option?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Fujitsu Ten. The comparable aftermarket version is sold by Eclipse.

Operates off a MicroSD card so no subscription needed, however for traffic alerts to work you must be subscribed to XM radio.

Feedback is mixed, do a search, there are lots of threads on this. Keep in mind that almost all automakers have mixed reviews on their nav systems, so take people's criticisms with a grain of salt.

I find the system works well but it's not perfect. There WERE some bugs with the early build 2013's which have been improved with 2-3 successive updates. If you buy a car with an early build nav unit (vehicle build date before 1/18/2013 - check the sticker on the driver's door frame) Subaru will let you upgrade to the latest nav unit (with AHA/Starlink) for $100 at your dealer.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 White SAP
121 Posts
I have an earlier NAV, it will be replaced because it is too buggy (spurious resets). Some people have had their units replaced more than once. I keep a Garmin in the glove box.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,529 Posts
Fujitsu Ten. The comparable aftermarket version is sold by Eclipse.

Operates off a MicroSD card so no subscription needed, however for traffic alerts to work you must be subscribed to XM radio.

Feedback is mixed, do a search, there are lots of threads on this. Keep in mind that almost all automakers have mixed reviews on their nav systems, so take people's criticisms with a grain of salt.

I find the system works well but it's not perfect. There WERE some bugs with the early build 2013's which have been improved with 2-3 successive updates. If you buy a car with an early build nav unit (vehicle build date before 1/18/2013 - check the sticker on the driver's door frame) Subaru will let you upgrade to the latest nav unit (with AHA/Starlink) for $100 at your dealer.
Have you had your NAV upgraded? Is it really worth it? What change, if any, you get with this upgrade?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts