·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this light means. It is an i and stays on when driving

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
pull the button on the steering wheel with the little "i" on it for more information when that appears. It's an informational warning.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,364 Posts
What are some reasons for this light to be on without an accompanying light also being on specifically for the problem?

For example, my TPMS light is on all winter when my winter tires and wheels without sensor are installed. So with the TPMS light on I also get the little light with the "i" telling me that my TPMS light is on, like I wouldn't notice that before the little information light. Seems there are times when the only light on is the information light but I'm not clear what other reasons it would come on for.

Seems about as useful as the little snowflake light that comes on in November and never shuts off until around April. 😄

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,288 Posts
I've seen people come in with black electrical tape on their instrument cluster, where they put it there so they wouldn't be annoyed by the TPMS or Check Engine light. Don't actually FIX the problem, just put tape over the light warning you.

These are the least common denominator people that we have to build warning systems into cars for ... 👿

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,290 Posts
I've seen people come in with black electrical tape on their instrument cluster, where they put it there so they wouldn't be annoyed by the TPMS or Check Engine light. Don't actually FIX the problem, just put tape over the light warning you.

These are the least common denominator people that we have to build warning systems into cars for ... 👿
That was the classic "fix" for Check Engine lights, and is most likely the reason that the presence of a CEL now disables so many unrelated systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts