Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I borrowed this pic from Phatvw in the DIY section, so thanks Phatvw

On my 01 Limited Outback this intake boot is torn pretty badly which is of course letting warm air in which (defeating the purpose of the designed intake system.
I think this pic is from an 03, but it should be about the same... I can't seem to find the exact name or part number to order a replacement. It is the rubber joint boot that connects the 2 solid pieces of the intake system outlined in red in the pic with an arrow...

No local shops know and say its probably a dealer only item...Any suggestions? of course i would like to stay away from the dealer and their costs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
18,107 Posts
you could try an online dealer.

i have had luck getting an odd part (lower engine cover) by emailing Jamie at subarugenuineparts.com .

some folks have just rigged plastic piping from Lowes w'ever to re-route/modify those parts.

·
Registered
2003 OBW 2.5L 4EAT
860 Posts
It is item #3 as RobLog posted above. You might be better off ordering the newer version of the duct assembly, since that rubber joint was eliminated on '03+ Outbacks and that section is molded plastic and won't deteriorate like the rubber joint on the earlier Outbacks.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/lega...arger/air_cleaner_and_element/illustration_7/

The newer version of the intake section is #4 in the diagram above

Part# for the newer version of intake tube: 46010AE00C
Price on subaruparts.com: $63.72

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Part number for that Boot is 46013AE000, I paid 35.94 for it at my Dealer.... Prob cheaper online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts