Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,195 Posts
fart gas collector made to cycle occupant farts into the evap system for more hp. (XT turbo owners, are known to stock up on beans).

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Premium | 2007 Outback 2.5i
330 Posts
Sorry for the bad photo. I genuinely have no idea what it's for or if it's made by Subaru.
Joking aside - that is the second part of the rear cargo area cover - no retractable. When you slide the retractable cover "closed" there is a gap between where it ends and the rear hatch (when closed) due to the round shape of the hatch. The item pictured fills that void when the hatch is closed. It, therefore technically, is part of your theft deterrent package. If you don't like it I'd be happy to take it off your hands - don't know what the previous owner did with mine.
:)

Reactions: rasterman

·
Registered
2005 3.0R
227 Posts
It looks like it's improperly installed. There should be a couple of grooves in the door's plastic that the curved parts of the cover fit into, and then the little square plugs get snapped into the door at either end. It looks a little cleaner when it's attached right.

·
Registered
2009 OB 2.5i 4EAT
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fart gas collector made to cycle occupant farts into the evap system for more hp. (XT turbo owners, are known to stock up on beans).
Engineers these days, they think of everything!

-------

Thanks for the input guys, I'll have to re-check how it's installed but I know I had it in correctly before and remember it not fitting too snugly. I guess I'll have to see if there's a way to tighten it up.

@Skemcin I'll let you know if I'm trying to get rid of it haha.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,124 Posts
Subaru provided a place underneath the floor to store it, BTW - just lift the cargo floor and you'll see it.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback Premium | 2007 Outback 2.5i
330 Posts
Subaru provided a place underneath the floor to store it, BTW - just lift the cargo floor and you'll see it.
I have a kit that converts your cabin filter into the before mentioned fart gas collector. Hours of testing and prototyping proved the best location to be closest to the occupants most likely to produce the most poignant and most methane based gas ... the passenger seat was the hands down winner. We put a variety of people and animals in the back and noted dramatic reduction in being to capture the gas in the rear or any other more open area.

Because our GASSKIT (trademark) uses the cabin filter inlet for the base of its installation, we are able to access the vehicle's heater core directly. This is where our Car Gas Inverter (CGI) Technology (patent pending) is able to generate 440 kW (600 bhp) from the cumulative gas produced from a human consuming one Jalapeno Slider CraveCase from White Castle. The unique electric turbo, a.k.a. Gasskit CGI, is the first to be offered as an aftermarket product in the history of the automobile so we are very excited to offer it. Going on sale in the Summer of 2018.

·
Registered
2007 Outback LTD
53 Posts
Oh by the way its in upside down to. The red is a kind of reflector thing that when the trunk is open can be seen/visible to other car headlights. Well thats what they say!

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,124 Posts
Oh by the way its in upside down to. The red is a kind of reflector thing that when the trunk is open can be seen/visible to other car headlights.
Well, now that you've pointed this out, I looked and mine was also upside down! Guess I also need to RTFM.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,553 Posts
Oh by the way its in upside down to. The red is a kind of reflector thing that when the trunk is open can be seen/visible to other car headlights. Well thats what they say!
The sad part is most of these are so sun-faded they don't reflect any more.. due to people having them upside down... They should really mark that thing.. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts