Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 4,500 miles my new OB has been hit, door dinged and on my way to work yesterday a passing 18-wheeler kicked up a rock and killed my windshield, this deal is probably going to cost me a small fortune, right?

Vince

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Wow, I thought it's another way around. If your car knows that you care about him/her, he/she will serve you until the wheels fall off.
"Nice guys finish last" is attributed to love, but really it's only meant in all things related cars.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
...sounds like you are a walking...ah...driving example of Murphy's law...just stay out of the thunder and lightning storms...:D

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
In 4,500 miles my new OB has been hit, door dinged and on my way to work yesterday a passing 18-wheeler kicked up a rock and killed my windshield, this deal is probably going to cost me a small fortune, right?
Doesn't your insurance have include free glass replacement? Mine does, no deductible and no negative affect on my rates.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
What is wrong with me?!?
uh ... the internet isn't big enough. :gasp:

sorry, i couldn't resist.

this too shall pass. life is kind of like the weather, if you don't like it, just stick around for a bit, it will change.
(unless you live in the desert.)

good luck, hang in there.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is your car red? This same thing has happened to my wife's outback. Rear bumper replaced after some lady ran into it, 3 inch long door "ding" and we came out of Costco and there was a shopping cart sitting on the front bumper... impact caused a small spiderweb. Just hit the 6k mark on the odometer.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
yeah, my last car had rocks crack the windsheild 5 times, all fixed for free by my insurance. all fixed in a parking lot taking about 20 minutes. im really surprised i haven't gotten one on my outback yet

·
Registered
4,439 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
yeah, my last car had rocks crack the windsheild 5 times, all fixed for free by my insurance. all fixed in a parking lot taking about 20 minutes. im really surprised i haven't gotten one on my outback yet
I don't think you can break a windshield with mud.:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
OBnube
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing