Subaru Outback Forums banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

Registered
I like the heads up display that shows lane change alert, collision prevention alert and "target acquired" when adaptive cruise control is active. I like keeping my eyes on the road and still seeing these intuitive indicators.

Registered
2021 Outback Touring
Lots to like even love about these rides - but just one...

No book writing necessary. No gripes or complaints or "shoulda coulda woulda"

But I'll start -

Heated Steering wheel.
You do tend to cling to the proper hand positions at 10 and 2 o鈥檆lock where the wheel is heated!

Registered
Lots to like even love about these rides - but just one...
1st place: Adaptive Cruise Control
2nd place: Eyesight

BTW, I hate the Navigation system (2016 Forester Touring). It can't find its way out of a paper bag -- often, when I start off from my house in the morning, it takes a few miles before it places me on the right roadway while the little symbol is meandering all over the map, and the little "satellite symbol" is blinking. It also sometimes sends me on a road, and then changes its mind and makes me find a U-turn. In contrast, my Jeep with a Garmin unit (also built-in) never loses its way. I would never take a trip to a new place with this car.

Registered
The ride.

"What about the ride?" you ask.
AWD-not getting out of my car to chain up in snowy conditions.
Heated seats-thats for keeping the wife and daughter happy.
Adaptive cruise control-I live in LA, what more needs to be said?
Cargo room-for surfboards and camping gear.

Oh? You only wanted one favorite feature? Ok, the ride.

What about the ride you ask?.....

Registered
EyeSight, specifically ACC. If this is a taste of FSD then bring it on. If I want to drive I will otherwise serve me, machine.

(I'm first against the wall when the Singularity occurs.)

Registered
Many things, but I guess the rear cross traffic is number 1 for me. Can I come back once a day? Driver monitoring would be number 2. It has made me a more engaged and aware driver.
I haven't had the experience of rear cross traffic alert doing anything for me. Maybe because I seldom back out of anything and when I do I don't depend on the car to keep me accident free. The dealer showed me how it worked on the test drive, more than two years ago, but I haven't had it go off since.

I turn off the driver monitoring as soon as I start the car up. It nags way too much to keep eyes on road when I need to be looking for things that aren't straight ahead in my driving lane. I let it drive me crazy for almost the first year and enjoy driving it much more now that I disengage it, along with SS, before I ever put it in gear. I have been saved a few times by RAB but I never saw the reason it braked so forcefully. I get out and look, but can't see what set it off. So I'd go with the Turbo as my favorite. I love the powerful response that's instantly there. It's as good as the 396 Chevys I drove in my younger years.

Premium Member
2020 White Limited Hybrid
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Hey hey hey!!!,

Couple gripes starting, let's keep this ONLY to positives - PLEASE

There's plenty of other gripe threads to take that stuff to.

There will be a $50 fine for gripes, you can paypal or venmo me. :cool:

Then go sit in the corner for 30 minutes.

Broke a perfect record:
Wow, impressive! 50 posts in and we are still spot on topic and not diverted to the negative! :ROFLMAO:

61 - 80 of 88 Posts