Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Superb Moderator, ,
6,194 Posts
I use all Meguair's products. I've had good luck for years with their stuff. All in liquid form too. Brian

·
Registered
297 Posts
Have been using Meguairs cleaner wax, but after using a cleaning clay, I don't need the "cleaner" part any more. Was thinking NXT, but others say it doesn't last. Thinking about using Eagle 1 nano wax ... anybody use it? Whaddya think?

·
Registered
44 Posts
ZYMOL Titanium. I also use this on my Jeep Liberty. It has great protection from Tree sap and UV. Your cars finish is well worth the $60 cost for the container. I just waxed my wifes Outback today with the Titanium and it looks like a mirror.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Meguair's NXT. I also use the swril remover and yellow wax then a few coats of NXT. My wife is going to really love me when we get the outback. It takes me about 6 hours to completly wash and wax the Miata. :D

Brad

·
Registered
297 Posts
Liquid Glass?! they still make that stuff? It looked fabulous on my Black '80 pickup and wife's dark blue '82 Z28.....but you had to apply it after every wash.

I used Eagle 1 Nano wax last time....last October. It's still holding up well. I'll probably try Griot's Garage new "sealant" wax next year. Longer lasting than Best of Show wax (a true carnuba).

·
Registered
25 Posts
they still do

They still make that stuff the more you use it the better. I may try what you mentioned.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I finally got around to polishing/waxing the new XT the past few weekends. It's black, so therefore a PITA to get looking really good, but I think I did ok. I will post some pics as soon as I can get around to it when the weather's good. Here's what I used:

Step 1: Wash, Clay, Wash again, Dry.

Step 2: Menzerma Intensive Polish for the hood and other places with small swirls and spider webs. Used a Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Orbital Buffer and yellow pad on 3-4 speed. Real easy product to use, buffs off easily with microfiber towel. Did a great job with the minor swirls.

Step 3: Menzerma Final Polish over the whole car. PC and white pad on 3-4, bumping up to 5 to finish. Not as easy as the IP to buff off, but I probably used too much product. Did nothing relatively little as far as I can tell.

Step 4: Klasse All-in-One. PC on 3-4 with a white pad. Easy on-Easy off. This stuff is so easy to put on/take off its scary, plus acrylic protection, doesn't stain trim (actually goes on windows and trim too!) and it has a nice shine to it. (A little bright for darker colors, but that will get taken care of in the next step...) Also, AIO is probably redundant from the final polish, but FP does have some abrasives that AIO doesn't have. Whatever, I wanted to test the product anyway. Next time I'll go IP directly to AIO. some purists would fault me; I'm obsessive, but not THAT obsessive.

Step 5: PS21 Carnuaba Wax. Applied using PC red (or gray) pad. Wipe off immediately and buff with MF towel. Apply again after 8 hours...wash rinse repeat....

The black really begins to "pop" with this wax. The Obsidian Black Pearl has lots of metalic "sparkles" in it that really show up in the sun, lots of greens, blues and some gold I think too. It's hard to capture on camera, but looks very deep and almost 3-D in the right light.

One complaint about the XT, though, is that the hood scoop is just painted flat black, not the same color as the rest of the car.

I'm on coat number 2. I think I'll go up to 5 or 6 by the time fall hits and I should be protected through winter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've been using Zaino on all my cars for the past 5 years, and will never use anything else. The same will go for the OB when I get it. But that's just me...I've also found (before using Zaino) that Meguiars was excellent for all of my detailing needs....can't go wrong with either.

Chewy.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Zymol Carbon--fortified and blended for black cars only! It goes on super easy and buffs off even easier, especially with those yellow micro-fiber towels from Costco!

·
Registered
294 Posts
I've used quite a few different waxes over the years. Most all of the Meguiars products. Pinnacle and Zymol. Lately I've been using Griots Best of Show wax and have been happy with it.
But I just picked up some Collinite wax. I'd never heard of it before, but I was reading posts on some of the professional detailing forums and this stuff was very highly recommended. It's a carnauba based wax that is extremely durable. In fact, more durable than almost anything else on the market.
I got the 476S wax and the Insulator wax. The 476S is supposed to easily last through 5 to 6 months of winter and dozens of harsh automatic car washes. I'll report back in the Spring.
http://www.thebestwax.com/

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have been using Collinite for several years now, I highly recommend it. Easy to apply and take off, shines and beads for a long time. Just last weekend after detailing my '00 Outback that
has 108,000 miles my neighbors friend commented that my car looks brand new.
I have used Zymol, Griots, Mequair's and others but keep going back to the Collinite.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
About this Discussion
127 Replies
84 Participants
Masahiro Akio
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing