Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
If I ever had any doubts about an older vehicle of mine possibly not surviving a trip I used to just take the title along with me in case I had to sell or scrap it along the way. :ROFLMAO:

Registered
What mileage should I stop taking my 2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited on road trips? Looking at doing a 1k road trip in my 2016 legacy. The mileage is on the car is about 120,000 and everything on the car is well maintained. I鈥檓 just not 100% sure if I should take the trip. What do you guys think?
As others have already said, 120,000 miles on a Subaru means it's barely broke in ... since May of this year, I've made three, 3000 mile round trips in my 2011 Outback. It's now got 260,000 miles and running smooth as a top; I'm expecting to get 400K+ miles. I would not hesitate to take it anywhere in the country at the drop of the hat!

Registered
What mileage should I stop taking my 2016 Subaru Legacy 2.5i limited on road trips? Looking at doing a 1k road trip in my 2016 legacy. The mileage is on the car is about 120,000 and everything on the car is well maintained. I鈥檓 just not 100% sure if I should take the trip. What do you guys think?
I was still actively driving my Outback at 180,000 miles when I was totaled and had to give it up.

Registered
4th & 5th 2.5L Outbacks: new '19 & '14 with 75k. Traded '[email protected] yr 112k, '[email protected] 155k, '[email protected] 155k
Why worry, 120k is nothing for a Subbie! just have everything checked: oil, tires, brakes, shocks/struts, etc. before you go and you should be fine.

Registered
2013 OB 2.5 Ltd, Brilliant Brown Pearl, SAP
My advice is to change your serpentine belt if you haven鈥檛 already at the 100K point. When you do that check out the idler pulleys and if they even hint of feeling rough change them too. It鈥檚 cheap insurance for avoiding the risk of being stranded out in the country far from a dealership!

Registered
One grandson just stopped driving my husband's old 2000 Accord with 300,000 plus miles on it to high school and work. The leather still looked great. Another grandson drives an old Tahoe with 180K back and forth from Virginia to college in Georgia, 400 miles away. Do I worry about him. You bet I do! My neighbor drives one just as old with more than 210K miles, and he takes it on trips out of state. I can only hope my 2021 lasts so long.

Registered
I'd feel fine taking it on road trips at that mileage as long as you haven't neglected the maintenance.

Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
120 is nothing to think twice about I would say maybe at 200 but even then if you鈥檝e maintained it and either inspect yourself or at a reputable shop there鈥檚 no reason you should t be ok. Of course there鈥檚 always the chance of failure but even on new cars you can have that

Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
Our 鈥11 now has 255,000 km on it. It has been my daily driver 100 km to and from work every day for the last five years. It鈥檚 well maintained so I trust it for road trips too. This year I鈥檓 switching to our crosstrek though as the price of gas here is outrageous and it gets much better mileage.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts