Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
2005 Outback 2.5i 4 inch ADF lift 215/70/16 BFG's Sparco Wheels
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Anybody know the owner of this car? Im trying to find out what size lift or lift/spring combo was used. Its perfect

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
I think I do...

If the wheels are now Desert Tan, I think I do...

Give me a few.

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Well if its an older picture of this car...

It's a 6" lift. One of our XRT brothers. Waiting for him to get back to me.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys. Six inches is going to be too big. Not for Me but the wife may need to drive the car on occasion
I have been talking to Patrick at Anderson Design. I think I will be going for a four inch lift with 215/70/16 BFG's.
I don't think I will be satisfied with a two inch lift even though I may use the same size tire.

My only concern is if I need to extend the air intake. Here in California a smog guy didn't like the 4 inch long rubber hose I had to use on my 97 Legacy with a six inch lift

I don't mind having to
extend brake lines
extend steering shaft
extend radiator hoses

This is also a good look

Do you think that's a four or a two inch lift?

I do need to find somebody who was installed a four inch on an 05 Outback to see what mods were done

On the Super Mod Squad

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks eagleeye I did that for this one. It was on AUsubaru.com I tried to join to find out whos car this is but they charge a fee to register. So, before that I figure I would try to see if anyone here ( Again) knows about this car

but this is perfect. Realize its stock wheels and tires but the wheel well clearance is perfect

On the Super Mod Squad

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Both black Gen3s with the offroad tires are 6" lifts.

Verified, its not the same car, but oddly...they know each other...The snorkel car is XRT tuned.

On the Super Mod Squad
Both black Gen3s with the offroad tires are 6" lifts.

Verified, its not the same car, but oddly...they know each other...The snorkel car is XRT tuned.

that reminded me of these guys in CT with that factory five kit car, and how they were playing around with lift kits on their own 2005-2009 outbacks. (see last post).

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/63-gallery/199034-boxerwerks-projects.html

and they have not posted anything since then
on the outback forum, on twitter, or on instagram.

and here too,
https://www.facebook.com/boxer.werks

(it all stops at the end of 2015 ???).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I cant get info from the actual people so yeah, I think they have moved on.
I finally made the decision and Im ordering a 4 inch from ADF today
Its tough finding companies that are in still in business and have all the info and parts needed.

I wished you could find a company that supplies skid plates, light bars, brush guards and lift kits for all years and offer all the hardware and parts needed to complete the job.

I think the profit margin just isn't there. Those of us that want lift for a car are rare those of us who want more than a two inch lift for our Subies are even more rare

I will video my project and try to become a source of Knowledge for anyone else who wants to lift and 05-09 over two inches.

And thank you guys for all your leg work on finding who modified the above rides

Because I live in California I have to consider a few things other wont have too. For example the air intake box going into the fuel injection.
When I go for a smog they wont allow any modification to the plastic tube . I was told you could add modifications there but the part maker would have to provide a certificate that the part is legal in California

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
I fabricate performance chassis parts for the several different Subaru models. The market definitely isn't there unless it fits a WRX, and the older market is drying up also. The WRX new model market is completely saturated.

My products fit everything with a 4 or 5EAT, about every front cross member (for any Subaru 2000-2009...some models possibly not), and any 2005-2009 Legacy based rigs rear sway bar mount, 2000-2007 WRX aslo.

I can't give parts away, maybe a few trades.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/65-parts-accessories-performance/313969-tdck-days-xmas.html

And my parts actually work. They are not a silly intake tube that gets you nothing (Not hating on the intake) They solve real problems. As these cars get older, it will be harder and harder to find enthusiast parts.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Made my choice

Ordered a 4 inch lift from ADF

Lying in wait for it to arrive

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you do the additional bracing after the install? If so can you shoot me some pics??

Registered
99 OB SUS 2.5 DOHC
Did you do the additional bracing after the install? If so can you shoot me some pics??
He did it with the kit all you need is bracing for the rear subframe spacers. Heres yhe kit. The subframe spacers is the large piece thats rectangular. Later 3rd gens on up have different subframes so it would be different. But i was his pilot kit for first gens.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have done a Gen1 SJR on a 97 legacy (6 inch) but this one is a 2005. Still not sure about what will have blocks under it in front.

Registered
99 OB SUS 2.5 DOHC
Im sure up front would be similar but if you want to ask him about his kit he did it himself. His name is Brandon Wuchter. Company name is Boost Factory USA. He's located in PA

1 - 20 of 20 Posts