Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the kids are off from school and I am taking administrative leave from my DC contract because of the dire forecast of a huge snowstorm here in Pasadena, MD. So far 37 degrees and raining. :(

I got the Sube ready to go - small shovel, warm clothes, kitty litter, turned around to go down the hill at the end of our drive at the end of our private road (community owned). As of 12:30 pm, zip, zilch, nada. I know most adults feel snow is a pain in the asz. I am seldom accused of being an adult and I work from home, so bring it on. Stupid global warming!

There is snow 30 miles northwest of here. Maybe I'll do something irresponsible and trek up there to play. Like my old man used to say, "No use complaining about the weather."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Here in the mountains of WV (basically 2 hours west of Harrisonburg, VA, we have a good 10" and still coming down as of 1PM. Wet, heavy junk, too. The kind like Sandy where we lost power for 11 days. Hopefully, that won't happen again.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
Here in Pittsburgh we got about 5 inches last night. As I sit here looking out my office window, about 98% of it is gone already.

·
Registered
2006 Outback Wagon 2.5i 5spd MT Atlantic Blue Pearl
261 Posts
I have to wait until tomorrow for my projected 4-8". That should be fun to snowblow.....after I...uh...continue to "test" the limits of the AWD and snow tires....

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT 5MT Ltd.
81 Posts
drove from frederick md to linthicum heights md and was disappointed. Heard snow was supposed to pick up, when I left work at 6pm it was wet and no snow anywhere. There was less snow on the way back to frederick compared to this morning. :(

·
Registered
2009 2.5i, H4, Auto.
838 Posts
Out here in Western MD/Northern WV, we got about 8 inches of snow. Then it started raining and that turned into 1 inch of snow on top of another inch of slush. If nothing else, while heavy, the slush is easy to clean. It pushes off the driveway.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 CVT All-Weather/Alloy Package, Graphite Gray
199 Posts
In Mass, pretty snow flakes are falling from the sky and landing on our salt encrusted roads. That is all.

·
Registered
2013 OB 3.6R Satin White Pearl
224 Posts
I love the mentality of the Subaru drivers. When everyone else is complaining about the bad weather, they are looking for adventure! Life is so much more fun on the road less traveled.

·
Registered
2004 Outback Wagon, 2.5, 4EAT, All weather package.
1,036 Posts
Life is so much more fun on the road less traveled.
I think Subaru should use that as their tagline. I think I like it better than "Love, it's what makes a Subaru, a Subaru" and "Confidence in motion"

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i manual. 103,000 miles. My very first!
29 Posts
I love inclimate weather! And living in W. Washington is rather boring for lack of it. The worst we ever get is the occasional ice storm every few years, and that only lasts a few days at most. I guess I could drive up into the mountains again, take the kiddos, let them go crazy in the white stuff for awhile.

·
Registered
'03 L L Bean - LOVE IT!!
110 Posts
Here outside of Hartford, CT, we're supposed to get 4" to 8" overnite......first snowstorm in the Subie.....

I'll let you know in the morning....;)

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
In Mass, pretty snow flakes are falling from the sky and landing on our salt encrusted roads. That is all.
We don't have much salt over on this side. Supposed to get a decent amount of snow tonight.

I'm anxious to try out the Geolandars in a little more snow. So far I've been pleased enough with them. Got it to kick out a going up a hill by stepping on it a little too hard which probably wouldn't have happened with snows, but they're a million times better than the all seasons that were on it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts