Premium Member
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
634 Posts
Something for me. ;)

Reactions: scoobydoo2

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Since the box says "this side up" my guess is that it's bottles/cans of fluid.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@Danver
That's funny.

So far no correct answer. Fastener was close, kinda.

I shite you not, this is what was in the box when I cut it open. I told them I didn't want a case, just one.

20200717_154134_HDR.jpg

20200717_154237_HDR~2.jpg

I told the part guy I didn't want to pay for the box and paper either, just the radiator cap. 😁

One thing for sure, USPS and UPS would not have been able to damage that cap. My part is safe. 👍

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
259 Posts
As I'm reading this thread I have a box from Home Depot beside me. It's 13.5"x12"x8", the product in it is 2"x4.5"x7". I'm glad it was free shipping!

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,635 Posts
For a company that prides itself on being green, that seems awfully wastefull.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Premium Dark Grey 4 cyl
274 Posts
@Danver
That's funny.

So far no correct answer. Fastener was close, kinda.

I shite you not, this is what was in the box when I cut it open. I told them I didn't want a case, just one.

View attachment 488666

View attachment 488667

I told the part guy I didn't want to pay for the box and paper either, just the radiator cap. 😁

One thing for sure, USPS and UPS would not have been able to damage that cap. My part is safe. 👍
If you have a cat, crumple the paper into a ball and put the box on its side. Toys galore for the cat.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you put the box outside, I bet a cat would eventually come and sit in it, so, you could get a free cat.
If you have a cat, crumple the paper into a ball and put the box on its side. Toys galore for the cat.
There is actually a tiny kitten running around that I've been trying to catch. You both may be on to something.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,569 Posts
What a huge waste of packaging...and I though amazon was the king of over packaging. The award now goes to SOA.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts