Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 OB 3.6 Touring. Factory mud flaps, Clear shield, Moonroof air deflector, Wheel arches, Wheathertech floor mats. Nitrogen in the tires
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What else to do to my OB. I am going on a road trip in 2 weeks to my parents in South Carolina. When on vacation I
will be installing the 20mm rear sway bar on my car, LED fog light bulbs, first oil change. I have already installed a K&N engine air filter, the wheel arches, Wheathertech floor liners, LED interior light upgrade. I have no use for a hitch. I love the way it looks so changing out the wheels is not desired either. just looking for some more ideas of things to add or mod on my OB

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,754 Posts
dunno about accessories, swing by Discount Tire and have them double check for nails in the tires before you hit the highway.

cleaning the glass inside and out is something else I like to do before a trip.

·
Registered
2018 OB 3.6 Touring. Factory mud flaps, Clear shield, Moonroof air deflector, Wheel arches, Wheathertech floor mats. Nitrogen in the tires
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clear Bra. I feel invincible with my Clear Bra.

Beary
Forgot to mention, I had this option installed when I took delivery of my car. Bumper, part of the hood, back of mirrors, and the door edges done. Thank you.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
646 Posts
I have already installed a K&N engine air filter
Get that K&N out of there and put a quality filter in like AEM or AFE. K&N filers are junk and will bring in more dirt/debris into your intake. I went with the AFE pro dry S because it doesn't require the oil. Just tap it out or wash it, and it's clean.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
Spend as many miles with your butt in the seat as you can. The options will reveal themselves to you. Nice to be quick out the gate but with the OB it's a marathon not a sprint. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Weathertech mud guards?

I also went ahead and swapped in LEDs for the turn signals, license plate, cargo, puddle and backup lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do have mud guards, it came with it from the dealer. What mfg. of LED's did you go with for all of those locations, I get concerned with proper type of LED's for there locations on the car. The car did also come with the LED upgrade package so I would like to also get one for the cargo area to match the center dome and two reading lamps up front.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Spend as many miles with your butt in the seat as you can. The options will reveal themselves to you. Nice to be quick out the gate but with the OB it's a marathon not a sprint. :)
I have about a 1200 mile drive to my parents and my dad has a garage with a lift. I am looking to get some things done on the car while I have access to lift when I am there to make the install easier, I have a very small garage at home and the weather limits me as well. Thank you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Along with the larger rear sway bar, upgrade both the front and rear sway bar bushings to higher durometer.

I do have those ordered as well, I am having all of my stuff shipped to the south, so it will be there when I get there.

I just ordered the slide on chrome exhaust tip (2) for my OB as well.

·
Registered
883 Posts
What else to do to my OB. I am going on a road trip in 2 weeks to my parents in South Carolina. When on vacation I
will be installing the 20mm rear sway bar on my car, LED fog light bulbs, first oil change. I have already installed a K&N engine air filter, the wheel arches, Wheathertech floor liners, LED interior light upgrade. I have no use for a hitch. I love the way it looks so changing out the wheels is not desired either. just looking for some more ideas of things to add or mod on my OB
Just send me that money that's burning a hole in your pocket. You'll feel better!!!! :wink2:

For what it's worth, I'd scrap that K&N thing. No good for your engine, no benefit, and a PITA to service.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.