Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 2002 outback it has 200,00+ miles on it a newer engine with 140,000 on it and a fried 5 speed manual tranny. The guy is asking $800 for it. I was wondering what trannys will fit in the outback from other models, I know there are alot of cheap impreza trannys here locally. Do you guys think $800 is a decent deal with such high miles on it? The car has not dents or rust and is in really good shape otherwise.

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
$800 is about as low as you'll get with these. If it's really clean, it's a slight steal. Is just the clutch gone? Clutches aren't that much. Make sure to get paper work on that 140k engine.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
Most impreza units should work if you don't mind the gear ratios being different (higher--better MPG, worse takeoff power) and you swap the rear diff with it.

If it were local I'd tear his arm off for that at that price unless it was just beat to death. 5 speed Outbacks are like hen's teeth around here and sell like strip club passes to sailors after a couple of months at sea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.