Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5I non Turbo
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK all, I know there are other posts on this I have spend about an hour reading them. I have an 07 Outback with a non turbo 2.5 and do a little towing, so I want to change my fluid and filter but am not sure what type to use. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
19,364 Posts
Your 07 4-speed automatic requires Subaru ATF-Type HP, or an equivalent (although as far as I know there are no confirmed equivalents being marketed in North America). Also, the spin-on filter AT that Subaru uses is unique. It isn't changed often, but no aftermarket filter, even ones listed as fitting, are the same.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5I non Turbo
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, this is on my list of things to get done to the car before spring.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited/2.5L/CVT
390 Posts
Amsoils 100% synthetic ATF works fine in this application. I ran it in my 2006 Outback with the four speed transmission and shifting was very smooth and consistent.

Draining the pan using the plug removes approximately four quarts of fluid. However it's best to measure how much drains out if you don't want to go through the process of getting the fluid level correct.

TS

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,372 Posts
Subaru ATF-HP. Whatever you do, don't put Dex III in it. Your trans won't be happy with you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts