Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh, just the sound of a tree falling during the Noreaster, sliding along the edge of the house roof, then landing on my 5 month old 3.6R Touring! Aaaargh. :crying:

It should be commended for stopping the trees' fall from damaging the X5 or the 2006 330Ci ZHP Convertible. I was able to drive the latter out, but had to wait a week for a tree guy to get here to remove it without damaging the X. (NW NJ has been a mess from the storms)

It's now off at the body shop, and it looks like the damage is limited to the hatch - it didn't even hit the roof overhang. ~ $3500 + $480 for tree removal.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 OB 3.6R Touring Dark Blue Pearl
85 Posts
Ouch.....hope your body guy does a good job!
We’ve had our share of storms in these parts as well over the years. Have to ask, what is that white fluffy stuff all over your vehicles?
:laugh:

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,174 Posts
perfect car to make into a BAJA which Subaru fails to provide us. is it for sale?

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
903 Posts
Hatch damage flashbacks....had a two week old Jeep GC rear-ended by a drunk. Original quote was $20k and I was in a rental for two months before they gave up and totaled it. Body shop could not get the hatch to line up after the opening was tweaked. Make sure any damage to the hinges/opening/latch is 100% before you accept the repair.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks. First time I've purchased a brand new car in 25 years.

Hatch damage flashbacks....had a two week old Jeep GC rear-ended by a drunk. Original quote was $20k and I was in a rental for two months before they gave up and totaled it. Body shop could not get the hatch to line up after the opening was tweaked. Make sure any damage to the hinges/opening/latch is 100% before you accept the repair.
yeah, the one concern I've had is did it pull anything out of shape? We'll see. I'd just had the hatch adjusted the week before cuz it was slightly off, and clunked/shifted slightly when operated.

·
Registered
2018 Touring 3.6R
903 Posts
I'd just had the hatch adjusted the week before cuz it was slightly off, and clunked/shifted slightly when operated.
Did they fix it? I noticed ours does something similar and I was going to have them look at it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did they fix it? I noticed ours does something similar and I was going to have them look at it.
Pretty much, yeah. At least they improved it to the point that it didn't bug me anymore.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Our area has lots of 40ish yr old trees planted when the homes were built. Lots of them are being taken down now or coming down on their own. Surprised we haven’t had more events like yours.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Premium
80 Posts
Years ago, I had a much smaller branch fall on a leased car I was about to return one week later and that inspired me to clean out the garage and ALWAYS park inside, even if it's going to be 10 minutes until I run out on another errand. Sorry that happened to you but I wonder if your nice, two-car garage is an option? There are plenty of other trees near your driveway that look very mean!!

·
Registered
2015 Outback LTD 2.5
1,046 Posts
...so are we sick of winter yet?????

Up here in NH, I sure am...after a month and half of winter season but w/o any snow or typical winter weather patterns, the last 3 weeks have been playing catch up...except the snow is wet and heavy....

I love winter BUT this is enough..........sorry for your damage and hope that the repairs are done properly........

Steve

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Touring WG/JB
148 Posts
Bummer. That sucks.

We don't get storms like that anyway, but I only ever park my cars in the garage when at home. Always.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts