Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i saw some pics of a sedan outback...what was the point just to make sales or to try something out like the baja? was it like a legacy just abit more height? just seeing whats up with it that's all, looks cool, wouldn't mine having one my self, saw one in Vegas super clean but it was white with grey so i don't know if they repainted it or what but it was really nice!:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
My understanding (gained from another thread on this forum) is that the original version was actually two- and was named "Legacy Outback." Later the former name went with the sedan, and the latter with the wagon / SUV we all know.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Very good friend of ours bought one new. She would not consider a wagon.........Not everyone likes wagons, like I do. She needed the ground clearance for snow, but likes a conventional sedan body. She loves the thing. Only advantage I see, is an "Out of sight, out of mind" trunk. But it fit here needs perfectly.

·
Registered
16,962 Posts
saw one at a dulcimer festival in Palestine Texas - was down from new England IIRC. (I'll look for the pic)

my wife thought it was even uglier than her car !

rare sighting where I live.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I like it because it's very, very different from what you would normally see on the road. It's kind of like a car that wants to be an SUV. Wagons around here are a penny a dozen but I've only seen one other sedan (other than mine).

·
Registered
28 Posts
For me it was the higher ground clearance and separate trunk. I know it's probably dangerous to say here, but I don't like wagons. When I'm ready to get a new car, I'll probably get the Legacy and see if I can raise it up a bit.

·
Registered
52 Posts
it is like a baja with a camper shell. wait a second that is the same as an outback only it costs more and you can access the back from inside the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
A surprising amount of people are vehemently against wagons for some asinine reason. The sedan is for people that think they're better. I'm glad they got rid of it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My original sticker on my new 2005 Outback says 2005 Legacy (printed in the background of the large sticker, then printed on the sticker in black ink is:
**205 Subaru Outback 2.5I Wagon All Wheel Drive**.
The owner's manual even says Legacy, nowhere does it say Outback on the exterior of the owner's manual.

I do recall when we purchased the car there was a choice of getting a Legacy Outback or just the Outback. We told them we wanted what had the longest wheelbase and whichever was highest off the ground. So, they sold us a new Outback. They said it is different than the Legacy, is higher off the ground and a bit longer.

·
Registered
28 Posts
A surprising amount of people are vehemently against wagons for some asinine reason. The sedan is for people that think they're better. I'm glad they got rid of it.
Yikes. Not liking wagons doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone else. Personal preference.....

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
The OB Sedan, along with the Legacy wagon, rounded out the model offering well, and I think it's too bad they aren't offered now. I wonder what the sales numbers comparing those two...
You could choose your big options as so (from 2005-2007):

(Note: forgot about the 3.0 Legacy there... but that wasn't an option in the wagon anyway, was it?)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
airlia101
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing